Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

54" Tires!!

Old 05-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #41
bubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bubbagumps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK4500 View Post
lol I think the brackets used to make the mud flaps legal "Must cover the entire width of the tire, and come to the mid point of the axel" probably cost a few thousand, unless he's a welder.

Yeah, I agree with you. My Taco pictured in my sig file was a Mall Crawler. I had no desire to go off roading. I wanted the look. Although it was still functional blasting through giant snow drifts in the winter. I definitely did not need 35" tires to get through the snow! No one questioned my lift when we had 3 or 4 foot high snow drifts! I only got mocked in the summer, when it was always clean.
Cool truck.

I wasn't bashing anyone's choices btw. Mods are cool and gives our trucks a unique personality. I hope people don't take what I was saying the wrong way. I just see this often where people bash or put down someone else's ride because it has mods that won't be used, etc..Reality check time.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #42
pa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
pa blaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagumps View Post
Cool truck.

I wasn't bashing anyone's choices btw. Mods are cool and gives our trucks a unique personality. I hope people don't take what I was saying the wrong way. I just see this often where people bash or put down someone else's ride because it has mods that won't be used, etc..Reality check time.
right on why people give a fuck what the next guy has, does or does not do, isnt this site for info & enjoying others rides & their originality? get over the 3" vs 6" vs who gives a shit & enjoy it.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #43
triumphx is on a distinguished road

triumphx's Tacoma Gallery
Penis compensator!? Thats why i drive a taco hehe.... I love the fact that this douche put prob 100k into this truck just to pay 200 bucks for a tow plus fines...d-bag fa sho
Old 05-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #44
YukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of light
YukonLT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphx View Post
Penis compensator!? Thats why i drive a taco hehe.... I love the fact that this douche put prob 100k into this truck just to pay 200 bucks for a tow plus fines...d-bag fa sho
What if it's a guy that just likes big trucks? Is there something wrong with that?
Old 05-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #45
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Bigger the truck bigger the dick size duhhh!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #46
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagumps View Post
Well, it is not my taste but I cannot help but notice a bit of hypocrisy here.

For everyone chiding the guy because the mods and lifts and big tires have no functional purpose, and everyone calling out the lack of front shaft--

How many people here who lift their truck really need the lift for any functional or practical reason? My guess is this is the exception, not the rule.

The truth is, most(not all) mods people do to their trucks--lifts, hefty mud tires, etc..will never be used for practical reason and it is all aesthetics and looks and image.

So, why poke fun at the guy about looking good at the mall when most do the same thing? Just because the mods people here do to their truck are not as extreme is irrelevant. There is someone out there without mods who is looking at you the same way--calling you a retard, etc and saying, why did that toolbag with the tacoma lift his truck and put mud tires on when he never really makes use of it? It sure looks good at the mall, though.

My two cents. Just keeping it real.
Because it's all a matter of degree.

Once a truck is lifted that high, it's no longer practical or safe for street use.

Reasonable minds may differ about what level of lift and tire size crosses the line from "prudent and safe" into "impractical and unsafe for street use." But THAT thing is long gone on the other side.

Run it off road, mud pits, mud trials, or at arena monster truck events all you want. Have fun. Knock yourself out and maybe I'll even buy a $20 ticket to see the madness.

But don't drive the m10r on the same streets as me.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #47
YukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of light
YukonLT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Because it's all a matter of degree.

Once a truck is lifted that high, it's no longer practical or safe for street use.

Reasonable minds may differ about what level of lift and tire size crosses the line from "prudent and safe" into "impractical and unsafe for street use." But THAT thing is long gone on the other side.

Run it off road, mud pits, mud trials, or at arena monster truck events all you want. Have fun. Knock yourself out and maybe I'll even buy a $20 ticket to see the madness.

But don't drive the m10r on the same streets as me.
Well by that logic, then every Corvette, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche...or any other fast car for that matter should be taken off the street as well. Because, they are just too fast for people to handle and we shouldn't be allowed to have them.

While they are at it, they should get rid of all sportbikes too. I mean, those things have the power to weight ratio of some indy cars and are just WAAAYYY too dangerous
Old 05-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #48
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
That's awesome. The 54's make the 20" Rockstars look like fucking pennys.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #49
YukonLT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
wut?

I guess your custom user title is well deserved if you can't make the connection.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #50
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonLT View Post
Well by that logic, then every Corvette, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche...or any other fast car for that matter should be taken off the street as well. Because, they are just too fast for people to handle and we shouldn't be allowed to have them.

While they are at it, they should get rid of all sportbikes too. I mean, those things have the power to weight ratio of some indy cars and are just WAAAYYY too dangerous
^
Old 05-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #51
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
That's a stupid comparison. Missing the point that regardless of their capabilities of wildly illegal speeds, those cars are all street legal. This truck has tons of safety infractions that make it not remotely legal. With that logic ban all guns. They are legal but you can kill someone with one.

Awesome how small the 20s look though.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #52
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Your logic is flawed, a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, and road bike can all be driven slow based on driving style. The truck cannot be lowered by driving differently. The truck could be sitting at a dead stop and if someone hits him the height of the truck can become a danger. You ever wonder why semi trucks have that thing hanging down at the rear of the trailer? Or would you rather be decapitated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
That's a stupid comparison. Missing the point that regardless of their capabilities of wildly illegal speeds, those cars are all street legal. This truck has tons of safety infractions that make it not remotely legal. With that logic ban all guns. They are legal but you can kill someone with one.

Awesome how small the 20s look though.
We should also ban pencils because we have more death by pencils each year than England has with handguns
Old 05-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #53
YukonLT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Your logic is flawed, a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, and road bike can all be driven slow based on driving style. The truck cannot be lowered by driving differently. The truck could be sitting at a dead stop and if someone hits him the height of the truck can become a danger. You ever wonder why semi trucks have that thing hanging down at the rear of the trailer? Or would you rather be decapitated?

We should also ban pencils because we have more death by pencils each year than England has with handguns

My logic is not flawed, my point is what is the level of "safe" defined by? What's more dangerous, this truck rolling down the street at 50, or a car ripping at 120? Or a motorcycle tearing it up at 100+? Of course, this all comes down to the operator in the end, but you see what I'm getting at...
Old 05-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #54
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
My logic is not flawed, my point is what is the level of "safe" defined by? What's more dangerous, this truck rolling down the street at 50, or a car ripping at 120? Or a motorcycle tearing it up at 100+? Of course, this all comes down to the operator in the end, but you see what I'm getting at...
Defined by driving and the way its driven, or operated as you say. The truck is dangerous even while it sits at a stop light, or parked on the side of the road as the photo depicts. That would be your flaw
Old 05-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #55
YukonLT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
those trucks are dangerous at 5 mph
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/03/17/w...at-strip-club/

I guess if an idiot was driving it, then yes I could agree with you. But there are idiots driving everything lol
Old 05-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #56
YukonLT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Defined by driving and the way its driven, or operated as you say. The truck is dangerous even while it sits at a stop light, or parked on the side of the road as the photo depicts. That would be your flaw

Well then we should be afraid of every road sign out there too, you can get split in half by those things
Old 05-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #57
pa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
pa blaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

give'm hell
Old 05-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #58
Señor member

Quote:
I guess if an idiot was driving it, then yes I could agree with you. But there are idiots driving everything lol
Quote:
Well then we should be afraid of every road sign out there too, you can get split in half by those things
Your missing it, the truck is dangerous to other motorists even if its not driving. And road signs are not in the middle of the road, this truck is
Old 05-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #59
triumphx is on a distinguished road

triumphx's Tacoma Gallery
Horrible comparision
Old 05-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #60
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes, your logic is flawed. You're comparing apples to oranges.

There's nothing unsafe about a sports car. The unsafe part is the mental midget behind the wheel. There's nothing unsafe about a sports car parked.

That ford-fuck-fiftey on the other hand IS unsafe parked...as JD already pointed out.