Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

off roading with camper shell ?

Old 05-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
Banned
sunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to behold
sunflower's Tacoma Gallery
off roading with camper shell ?

I just got mine installed on my 2002 tacoma. I told them i did alot of off roading so they put in 6 bolts instead of just 4. Do you guys ever have any problems with shells busting or coming off from off roading ? I am thinking of putting 2 more bolts in up front.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Only 4 bolts on mine. The shell has tabs that cover the bed rail, and bolts to it. No problems. It may shift eventually, but that's easy to see and fix. No amount of bolts will help that.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
TacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to behold

TacoTaro's Tacoma Gallery
I have a shell on my 04. So far so good with 4 mounting points. But it also wraps over the rails.

On my old 87, many years ago. My Leer shell cracked on the top. I figured it was from wheeling it hard. My current Leer is built much tougher and I'm not worried.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Never had any issues with mine but i don't wheel too hard