Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Beefed Sliders

Old 12-31-2008, 08:04 PM   #1
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Beefed Sliders

I knew that would get your attention. Ok, not really hard core sliders, but just some nicer running boards / side steps / rocker protectors, whatever you want to call them. With a few tips here & there, my wife Meredith did about 75% of the work herself....including a bunch of the welding. It's not a Taco, but I've been meaning to do this for her along time ago, it felt good to finally do, we got the material months ago.

The first pic is a shot of the normal ugly ones so commonly seen. I made these tuck up higher and used 1-3/4" 120 wall and 1" 120 for the steps. Flame suit is intact due to the Avalanche, so I'm ready...

Old 12-31-2008, 08:06 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
good job!!! tell her so!!! those look pretty damned good man!!
Old 12-31-2008, 08:08 PM   #3
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
good job!!! tell her so!!! those look pretty damned good man!!
Thanks dude, I appreciate that! She had a great time doing this stuff. We think they turned out pretty schweet too.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:10 PM   #4
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
dude hook me up..I need a pair
Old 12-31-2008, 08:33 PM   #5
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
looks good beef... now we need 05+ beefy items
Old 12-31-2008, 11:21 PM   #7
Taco Vending Machine

Thanks for all your nice responses guys. I'm dying to do a pair on a 05+. I have a guy who I know would be happy to come up with his 4x4. I'm in the process of doing a huge tubed frame skid plate for the front under neath and really need to come up with a nice style slider for those models. This got me pumped to get some available for sure. More hard core with definite grindage in mind. These were more or less just custom steps. mmm, Beefed Sliders....they slide right down, yum.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:23 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
Thanks for all your nice responses guys. I'm dying to do a pair on a 05+. I have a guy who I know would be happy to come up with his 4x4. I'm in the process of doing a huge tubed frame skid plate for the front under neath and really need to come up with a nice style slider for those models. This got me pumped to get some available for sure. More hard core with definite grindage in mind. mmm, Beefed Sliders....they slide right down, yum.
do it to it man.................guARANTEE to sell!!!!!(damn be3rs...i caint typee wirth shit)!
Old 01-01-2009, 06:41 AM   #10
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Those do look good. Big props to the wife.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:26 AM   #11
Taco Vending Machine

These are way better responses than I thought I was gonna get on this site! Thanks to all who have complimented positively. I know they aren't hard core sliders, I just called them that to attract some attn. They were made to look better than what was on there and protect the rockers just in case, and also get my fat butt into the truck when I go somewhere w/her, thanks guys, much appreciated.