1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buy Lease or Trade?

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by usmc0311, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Aug 6, 2012 at 11:01 AM
    usmc0311

usmc0311 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma dble cab long bed
    nerf bars and bug deflector
    My wife and I leased a 2009 Lexus RX350 in 2008 and the lease is up, we now have two kids and we would like something a little bigger. The buy out on the lease is about 23k and she is pretty stern on buying and selling it to a private party, I on the other hand would like to just get rid of it and put money down on something bigger and just move on instead of trying to find a buyer. Does anyone know if Lexus' are a good private sale value or would we be better off just giving the lease back and starting fresh? Also if i do buy it for 23k what would a monthly payment be with 3k down, just a round about figure?

2. Aug 6, 2012 at 11:11 AM
    Cowboyz

Cowboyz Membor

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Southern Utah/Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    07 DC LB TRD Sport
    6in Pro Comp stage 2 lift, 2.75in ProComp Coilovers, Rear MX6 adjustable shocks, 35in Nittro Trail Grapplers, 17 in XD Spys, URD intake, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster 40 Series, AMP Power steps, debadged, blacked out tail lights, Blacked out headlights w/ Mini H1 Retros and halos, JVC KW-AVX840 7" Double-Din, Viper 5704 2way alarm/remote start, LEDs in Dome, Maps, and license plate lights, short black antenna, 5% Tint, removed sway bar
    I would really struggle to take it for 23 and try and resell. I just blue booked it with 35k miles and it blue books for about 25 in excellent condition. So realistically you could get like 23 out of it in the private market. and you might sit on it for another 3-4 months without selling it and then you might end up loosing in the end. Plus you have to deal with the hassle of selling in todays market.

loaning 20k at 3% interest over 60 months is 359.37 per month

Products Discussed in

To Top