1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trying to convince my mom in getting a 4runner for her self... help me out here.

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by TROKITA, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Aug 23, 2012 at 10:08 PM
    TROKITA

TROKITA [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Arty
    Utah, the valley
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma TRD supercharged
    Supercharged, Custom sunroof, 6 inch lift, wheel spacers, over the rail tire carrier
    So my mom rightnow has a Lincoln navi and rightnow im replacing the gas pump because it stopped working... sense she bought it, its had problems, not too bad of problems, its never left her til now, but it has broken to that point where you're like, what the heck why did that break why did this stop working..... so now she's going to get rid of it, also because its a gas monster. My brother is telling her to get a FORD Escape because its cheaper in everything, price, parts, etc. I say BS because its american (no offence to anybody reading this but its true) it break's more often and they get a lot of problems in the early mile's. i also told her that the market for 4runners and tacoma's is bigger in parts then an escape.

So i need support here. websites of comparing them both or vids, advice, anything helps, story's, just so she can see and make the right choice before she make's the same mistake and a waste of money. thanks. or if you guys think that there's another car that would be better then say. thanks :)

2. Aug 24, 2012 at 7:34 AM
    speedjunkie13

speedjunkie13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    a work in progress
    I agree with this.

You aren't the one driving it, stop swaying her based on what you want. obviously you are biased towards Toyota, that's fine, but to be honest the newer Escapes really aren't that bad.

3. Aug 24, 2012 at 9:47 AM
    angrysam

angrysam Huh?

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Somebody's Shit List
    Vehicle:
    2.9 Gen- Not a cunt.
    Fleshlight and an old Farrah Fawcett poster.
    I think you should take her out car shopping for a couple days and let her try some rigs out. Does she need something with the capabilities of a 4Runner? She might like a Highlander, Sorento, MDX, Pilot, Edge... Let her pick a couple she likes and then do some QC research about it.

I have a rule for friends/relatives. If I have to work on their stuff then they must pick from my vehicle choices. If they don't then I wash my hands of fixing their stuff for any price. If you're doing all of your mom's work then you probably have a little pull but don't force her into one vehicle. If she hates it then your Christmas and birthdays will suffer.

Products Discussed in

To Top