1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is this a fair price to offer?

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by mntbiker2008, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Sep 10, 2012 at 3:41 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 [OP] First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    Hey everyone. I am trying to get back in to the Toyota family again and am not having any luck selling the mazda via private party. I am thinking about trading in to save the time and hassle of dealing with banks and all that other crap.

I am not worried about the trade in amount but I am wondering about the price the dealer wants vs the price I am willing to pay.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...pp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national&listType=1

That is the vehicle. It runs and drives just fine with no mechanical issues. Cosmetically it isn't in the best of shape. needs some touch ups here and there and the driver seat has a few cracks in it but nothing horrible. the headliner and floor mats are stained too. Again, nothing I can't look past but definitely takes away from the value. It was also had a car fax and said there was minor front end damage back around 2004 but everything mechanically up front looks/ operates fine. Everything the is wrong is just cosmetics.

Blackbook and autotrader trade in place both come in around 6-7k so I am going to say that is about what they paid, maybe a little less. kbb retail for this car says 13k though in excellent condition (which it is not). I am thinking about offering 10k for the vehicle. am I out of line when offering that or is there a different amount I should go for? They have also had the 4runner on their lot for close to a month. I am thinking this may help me work the price down to something I can work with

What would you guys offer?

Thanks in advance!

2. Sep 12, 2012 at 11:57 PM
    donson6

donson6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4
    lots
    You can try to offer 10k, all they can say is NO.

Take your car to Carmax and see what they offer you.

Its easier to buy a car when your not trading in another car, that makes it too easy for them to screw you out of your hard earned money.

Good luck.

p.s. 4runners are great, had a 91 that I sold running good with 360k on it.

Products Discussed in

To Top