1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How much would you pay for my car?

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by tacoholic, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Jan 19, 2009 at 6:57 PM
    tacoholic

tacoholic [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    Yep, damn Mazda brakes. They work but they whore around and catch the death disease and freeze shut...like a bad hooker.

2. Jan 20, 2009 at 9:36 PM
    magikbean562

magikbean562 once flirted with danger, danger got clingy

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    socal
    Vehicle:
    pinto
    33" mudders
  3. Jan 20, 2009 at 9:40 PM
    tacoholic

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    True on that car but that one is half a model year older than mine technically and that stereo looks like shit.
    But yea before I was hoping for 21-22K...now I'm hoping for 20K at best. If worse comes to worse I might just trade the little sucker in and see what happens there.

4. Jan 21, 2009 at 4:51 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    Trading in sucks, but it makes the buying process so much easier... I'd be torn...

If I owed more than trade in value on my car, I would sell privately. No sense going into a loan further upside down than ya have to be.

5. Jan 21, 2009 at 5:27 AM
    Oh_Six_Taco_4x4

Oh_Six_Taco_4x4 Professional High Fiver

Member:
    Orange Park, FL
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    OEM skid plate. 3" Toytec lift with AAL. Trail Gear Rock Sliders Rechargable Maglite
    With all do respect,

Take the trade in! I would prob only pay 13-14k on something like that if I were in High School. That thing is only usefull for impressing freshman girls and taking them to the movies. Can't pull a boat, haul mulch, or wheel it.

Your headed in the right direction though. Good luck on your search for a Taco. I think I remember you saying the dealer offered you 17k? Take it and run!

6. Jan 21, 2009 at 5:52 AM
    grivera

grivera Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hanover, MD
    Vehicle:
    '08 DC SR5 4x4, Desert Sand Mica
    Rear Suspension TSB, Bilstein 5100 on all 4 corners-fronts set at 1.75". BFG A/T's @ 265/75/16; Access LE Roll-up cover; Iron Cross Tube SS Steps; Fumoto valve; WeatherTech Liners; AFE Pro-Dry; front side windows tinted 20%; TW Decal!
    A good barometer would be to do a search and find out the absolute best deal on a new model of what you currently own (with the same or very similar options). If the new one is less or similar in price to what you HOPE yours is worth (after all rebates and discounts), it's a slim chance to none that you'll get your price.

When I was shopping for a Tacoma, I started in the used market. Most of the trucks I looked at were being sold for what the owner (or used car dealer), thought it was worth. In fact, most were very close or over the price of a new one after all discounts and offers, fwiw

7. Jan 21, 2009 at 6:28 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    x2 on that... I was looking for used trucks... the new 06s were the same price! :D

8. Jan 21, 2009 at 8:56 PM
    tacoholic

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    EEEEEEEK!!!
    I'm hoping I can get about 20K if I sell myself...maybe...if I'm really lucky. But trade-in would suck since the Toyota dealer I would buy from had an 07(?) Mazda3 sedan GT up for 17,899. Not good. although the salesman seemed very willing to get me the best possible price for a truck they would have to find (tiny lot) and my car if I do trade it in. Very nice salesman.

Their only deal going was $500 off sticker on 6cyls. But I can get them lower. That $500 wouldn't even put it in the high 26K range.

9. Jan 22, 2009 at 9:23 PM
    tacoholic

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    I forgot to mention that the car was paid in full up front back in June so it's basically just hangin' out depreciating. Dunno if that helps on what you guys would advise I do but I thought it might be worth the post to share.

Products Discussed in

To Top