Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Subaru Xv Crosstrek

Old 10-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #21
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^I think he wants a lifted WRX... which is doable for less than $700 with Forester struts all-around and adjustable trailing arms for the rear.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #22
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannatoy570 View Post
What are some opinions on the new subaru?

There okay, I have driven a few before.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #23
Surfinpig is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: 88 MP is the patch but many other units
Name: Eric
Surfinpig's Tacoma Gallery
I have been looking at them. I might trade the taco for 1 and just use the KLR and 400ex for fun in the dirt. 23city and 30hwy with the 5speed sounds pretty good with fuel only going to go up in price. I do wish yota would bring a diesel here.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #24
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
X2
Old 12-08-2012, 04:55 AM   #25
pa_tekrep is on a distinguished road
pa_tekrep's Tacoma Gallery
Well,

Here's my take... I wrecked my 2010 off-road ... rolled it three times at ~55 mph. Thanks to God, and Toyota safety engineering I was walking around when the first responders arrived.

I had a spare car to drive, and took my time looking and researching. My taco was my daily driver, I know some of you got 20 mpg, but I'm danged if I ever did ... 16 - 17 here.

So, when I really thought about where I took my taco off road ... at most, a muddy, rocky road to a canoe put-in on a river somewhere ... the Crosstrek will do that and get 33 mpg. And most importantly for me now ... a little better safety rating than the already impressive taco rating. I think they are gonna sell like hotcakes.

I have test driven one ... waiting on mine to be delivered. The outback sport was all badging and no substance. The crosstrek is more substantial than 'just a lifted Impreza' ... Research it ...

I will own a taco again, just not as a daily driver. I don't need neck-breaking acceleration, just great gas mileage and the ability to go light off roading with my canoe on board.

Mine is due in next week - I'll post a pic. It's a limited model in dark grey with the front hood guard and the window rain guards, and I even got the towing package - 1500 lb capacity for when I get too old to lift the canoes! lol

Just one man's opinion ...
Old 12-31-2012, 02:53 PM   #26
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa_tekrep View Post
Well,

Here's my take... I wrecked my 2010 off-road ... rolled it three times at ~55 mph. Thanks to God, and Toyota safety engineering I was walking around when the first responders arrived.

I had a spare car to drive, and took my time looking and researching. My taco was my daily driver, I know some of you got 20 mpg, but I'm danged if I ever did ... 16 - 17 here.

So, when I really thought about where I took my taco off road ... at most, a muddy, rocky road to a canoe put-in on a river somewhere ... the Crosstrek will do that and get 33 mpg. And most importantly for me now ... a little better safety rating than the already impressive taco rating. I think they are gonna sell like hotcakes.

I have test driven one ... waiting on mine to be delivered. The outback sport was all badging and no substance. The crosstrek is more substantial than 'just a lifted Impreza' ... Research it ...

I will own a taco again, just not as a daily driver. I don't need neck-breaking acceleration, just great gas mileage and the ability to go light off roading with my canoe on board.

Mine is due in next week - I'll post a pic. It's a limited model in dark grey with the front hood guard and the window rain guards, and I even got the towing package - 1500 lb capacity for when I get too old to lift the canoes! lol

Just one man's opinion ...
How do you like the crosstrek? My wife and I test drove one today and she loved it. We are probably going to trade in her 2012 Fusion.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #27
I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bash42 View Post
How do you like the crosstrek? My wife and I test drove one today and she loved it. We are probably going to trade in her 2012 Fusion.
I think it is the most practical, fun car I have ever bought. As I mentioned in my initial post, the only complaint I read about it was the power. I tell you it is perfect imho - I didn't buy it to be a rocket.

I have had the pleasure to drive it in the latest snow storm we had here in PA and it is like a mountain goat. My wife will be selling her 1999 Camry this spring and getting her own Crosstrek.

I notice you have a WVU icon on your post - did you go there? I grew up in Wyoming County WV.

I bet you will love the car!!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #28
Pics of my new Crosstrek

Well, here are the pictures I promised to post of the car, just a little late lol ... I took delivery of the car on Dec. 10. I have just under 1K miles and it is a dream to drive, and yes I have already had it 'light off-roading' - she is like a mountain goat : )

I am not dissing the Tacoma, but I will reiterate that for a daily driver, the Tacoma is just not practical. And I hope the seeming decline of the legendary Toyota quality is short-lived.
Attached Thumbnails
Subaru Xv Crosstrek-20121225_112043.jpg   Subaru Xv Crosstrek-20121225_130710-0-.jpg   Subaru Xv Crosstrek-20121226_153850.jpg  
Old 01-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #29
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think it is the most practical, fun car I have ever bought. As I mentioned in my initial post, the only complaint I read about it was the power. I tell you it is perfect imho - I didn't buy it to be a rocket.

I have had the pleasure to drive it in the latest snow storm we had here in PA and it is like a mountain goat. My wife will be selling her 1999 Camry this spring and getting her own Crosstrek.

I notice you have a WVU icon on your post - did you go there? I grew up in Wyoming County WV.

I bet you will love the car!!

Yea I can def see that. We took it too some snow covered lots and it was great. It's a real shame they aren't willing to negotiate much since they are so new.

Edit - I'm from Montgomery county Pa but I graduated from WVU. Great state!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:23 AM   #30
try another dealer

Quote:
Yea I can def see that. We took it too some snow covered lots and it was great. It's a real shame they aren't willing to negotiate much since they are so new.

Edit - I'm from Montgomery county Pa but I graduated from WVU. Great state!
I went to a dealer in Harrisburg - I live about 15 minutes south of there. They did not even entertain taking anything off of sticker and in fact said that other dealers were selling above sticker. I went to Apple Subaru in York and got it a good bit under sticker and a great finance rate.

They are just starting to get the pipeline filled with cars, and I did read somewhere that the demand is a little more than they expected,but you should still be able to get it for under sticker.

Good luck!

It is a great state, : ) I went to DeVry in OH, but have several family member that graduated from WVU.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #31
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I went to a dealer in Harrisburg - I live about 15 minutes south of there. They did not even entertain taking anything off of sticker and in fact said that other dealers were selling above sticker. I went to Apple Subaru in York and got it a good bit under sticker and a great finance rate.

They are just starting to get the pipeline filled with cars, and I did read somewhere that the demand is a little more than they expected,but you should still be able to get it for under sticker.

Good luck!

It is a great state, : ) I went to DeVry in OH, but have several family member that graduated from WVU.

Excellent.. If you don't mind me asking, which model do you have and how much did they take off? We were looking at the premium with auto and no moonroof. Yours looks great btw.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #32
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yours looks great btw.
+1

Yours is pretty much exactly the one I'd like to have. I'm glad to hear you like it so much. We have almost exactly the same wants/needs... Very light off-roading, daily driver where MPG is more important than lots of power.

Do you have any kids? We have an 11 month old (so she'll be rear-facing for another year-ish), and we hope to have another w/in the next 18 months or so, which means I'll likely have two car seats (one forward, and one rear-facing) for a bit.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #33
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Called the local dealership and brought one home for the night. It's not bad... Drives about how I expected. I won't have it long enough to see what kind of mileage I would get.

I threw two car seats in the back - one rear-facing in the middle and another forward facing behind the passenger - and they fit just fine. A little more room might be nice, but they fit. Something I read in this month's Consumer Reports made me pause, though... It said the owner's manual recommends not putting a rear-facing carseat in the back middle seat. No idea what that's about.

I'll stop going on and on about the car seats now. I have the car until tomorrow... Looking forward to driving it again tomorrow a little.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #34
a good bit equals

Quote:
Excellent.. If you don't mind me asking, which model do you have and how much did they take off? We were looking at the premium with auto and no moonroof. Yours looks great btw.

I got the limited, with CVT, and no moonroof/nav (can't separate them on the limited, but can on the premium) but I got the front hood guard and side rain guards, rear/side cargo nets, body side molding, and the tow package. It stickered for ~27,020 and I got it for about 1500 under. Since it is a new model with a lot of electronics I bought the extended warranty the same day and by doing so I got another point off the finance rate. I ended up at 1.44% financing.

Thank you! I was waiting for the Khaki one, but this one came in first without anyone waiting on it. I also seen a silver one and it looked sweet too!

Good luck!!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #35
no kids...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
+1

Yours is pretty much exactly the one I'd like to have. I'm glad to hear you like it so much. We have almost exactly the same wants/needs... Very light off-roading, daily driver where MPG is more important than lots of power.

Do you have any kids? We have an 11 month old (so she'll be rear-facing for another year-ish), and we hope to have another w/in the next 18 months or so, which means I'll likely have two car seats (one forward, and one rear-facing) for a bit.
... But a big yellow lab. : ) I had to buy a dog hammock for the rear to protect the seat, but I think my next dog may have to be a black lab! lol Even with the hammock there is yellow hair all over. I am going to save the hammock for emergencies and my dear dog is back to my 2002 escape!

I hope it works out for you!

I seem to recall something about child seat orientation somewhere but did not pay close attention to that. There are a lot of good information out there.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #36

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! Have any good Subaru forum recommendations?

I took the Crosstrek back today and ended up leaving the truck at the Subaru dealership for another night to take a 2011 Outback for a day. Still kicking around ideas.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #37
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
http://forums.nasioc.com/
Old 02-15-2013, 05:14 AM   #38
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
We picked our up on Tuesday night. We have a friend at Subaru HQ so we were able to use their Executive VIP (2% under bottom line dealer cost).

The wife absolutely loves it and it is awesome in the snow!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #39
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Finally test drove the XV. Cheapest plastic I've ever felt. Valence and rocker panels felt brittle. Still love me some Subaru but man am I highly disappointed in the quality of this new one. . . I didn't feel like I could tap a few snow drifts in it
Old 03-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #40
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Finally test drove the XV. Cheapest plastic I've ever felt. Valence and rocker panels felt brittle. Still love me some Subaru but man am I highly disappointed in the quality of this new one. . . I didn't feel like I could tap a few snow drifts in it

http://forums.nasioc.com/