Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Subaru Xv Crosstrek

Old 03-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #41
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bash42 View Post
Old 03-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #42
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
I was telling you to go to the Impreza forum, like you did us.

lol
Old 03-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #43
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
haha oh, I guess I'm a bit slow on this one, I didn't get why ha because I didn't like the feel of the cheap plastic?

I'd still love to own one, but that was a huge down side for me. Around here the snow gets pretty deep and nasty, I wouldn't want to bust the valence or rockers every winter trying to plow through. I'll keep my metal Pickup for now, but this may still be in the lineup for a family car down the road in life.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #44
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha oh, I guess I'm a bit slow on this one, I didn't get why ha because I didn't like the feel of the cheap plastic?

I'd still love to own one, but that was a huge down side for me. Around here the snow gets pretty deep and nasty, I wouldn't want to bust the valence or rockers every winter trying to plow through. I'll keep my metal Pickup for now, but this may still be in the lineup for a family car down the road in life.
haha - its all good.

yea its a different beast that the ole taco you have. I must admit, I am very impressed with it. My wife drives 100+ miles per day and is getting 30 MPG, which is unheard of in an AWD. Her 2010 rav4 was getting 20mpg on the same drive.

It is also awesome in the snow. We went on some steep inclines with snow covered/icy roads and it didnt even miss a beat.

overall, it is a great little car for what it is (as long as the expecations are in check)
Old 08-15-2013, 06:01 AM   #45
6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nate
6spdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thread revival

I'm going in to look at the XV on Monday. I want to test drive the CVT to see how it feels. I really want the new hybrid version that is coming out. Extra 48 lb/ft of torque should help the little 2.0 engine.

I will always have my tacoma, but driving 60+ miles a day is a lot of gas at 16mpg.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:21 AM   #46
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
I stopped by a dealer a few weeks ago, they are pretty nice.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #47
MY NAME ISN'T WILL
STiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt [again, not WILL]
STiLL WILL's Tacoma Gallery
I am a diehard Subie head...even more so than a Toyota head, but it took a while for me to warm up to the Crosstrek. Now I fully see where Subaru nailed their niche market, and I love it!

I know over the years, they've had some questionable styling aesthetically(I love it all personally lol), but one thing no one will deny is the ability of Subaru AWD. When I hit the snow, I don't trust anything else on my driveway but my Forester....even over my 4wd Tacoma.

Once you fall in love with a Subaru, it's hard to stray from the brand. I told myself I needed to off 1 car when my '13 Tacoma arrived....I just couldn't lol. Now I own 2 Subies & a Tacoma.

Nice to see Subie people on TW! :thumbup:
Old 08-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #48
fenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nice
fenderpicks's Tacoma Gallery
My mom just bought one of these, after driving 2 as her loaner car.
Even through the hp is at like 150.
The car picks up amazingly fast..... It is a good enough engine for MAJORITY of the people.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:50 AM   #49
6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nate
6spdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Test drove on Monday. The CVT transmission worked great. Good acceleration. I had no complaints about power.

My only complaint was the salesperson. He had no clue. Absolutely zero information about the hybrid version that I want. I had more knowledge about the hybrid version than he did and all I read was a couple reviews on the internet.

He was like "why pay potentially a lot more, and have to wait for it to be released when you only get 3mpg increase in fuel economy?" I responded "Umm, 48 ft/lb increase in torque is fairly significant." He just stared at me blankly.

All he was interested in was selling what he had right there and then.