Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

2013 Dodge Charger Se

Old 10-14-2012, 07:28 AM   #1
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
2013 Dodge Charger Se

Normally, I am far from the Dodge fan base. I drive a 2012 Dodge Ram at work, I was very impressed with ride quality and interior materials as opposed to the older Dodge vehicles. I see the new Charger quite often, it's such a sharp redesign! I'm just looking for personal opinions on the Dodge Charger. For quite some time, I've kept my eye on the new 8 speed transmission.

I can't justify dropping more money into my truck, likewise I hate to keep adding these ridiculous commuting miles on my Tacoma week after week. I won't part with my Tacoma, but the 25,000 price tag allows me to keep the Tacoma while adding the Charger into the family.

Does anyone own this car? Suggestions? Ideas?

Old 10-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Closest thing I got to help is I have a 2012 Challenger

I like it

I also like the new chargers but havent heard much on how they hold up/drive/etc
Old 10-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I did a test drive tonight. . .

I was very pleased with performance, comfort and got 26.4 mpg average on my three miles around town test drive.

My salesman is going to keep an eye out for what I want, maybe we'll talk.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I average 12 mpg in my challenger
Old 10-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #5
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
I average 12 mpg in my challenger
Check out the new Altimas. 36 mpg
Old 10-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Closest thing I got to help is I have a 2012 Challenger

SRT8?
Old 10-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #7
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
i like the look a lot better than the previous model
Old 10-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #8
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
I like the previous look a lot better than the new one & on a side note make sure you get a good warranty + extended warranty
Old 10-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #9
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bash42 View Post
Check out the new Altimas. 36 mpg
altima is not a bad ass pursuit vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post

SRT8?
R/T with the 5.7l V8
Old 10-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
R/T with the 5.7l V8
I'm not as as I would be if it was a SRT8 but I'm still .
Old 10-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
I'm not as as I would be if it was a SRT8 but I'm still .
SRT8 would be overkill for my purposes i believe and would greatly increase my chances of a collision

the R/T has plenty of get up and go and handling performance for a pursuit vehicle

especially considering that most pursuits around here involve ragged out crack rentals
Old 10-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #12
Banned
Quote:
SRT8 would be overkill for my purposes i believe and would greatly increase my chances of a collision

the R/T has plenty of get up and go and handling performance for a pursuit vehicle

especially considering that most pursuits around here involve ragged out crack rentals
But but but

R/T =

SRT8 =
Old 10-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #13
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
But but but

R/T =

SRT8 =
i got the r/t sideways today around a corner with traction control turned on running to an officer needs assistance call
Old 10-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #14
Banned
Quote:
i got the r/t sideways today around a corner with traction control turned on running to an officer needs assistance call
But but but but but
Old 10-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #15
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You have a Challenger for a patrol car? How did you swing that? Pics?
Old 10-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #16
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
My distant cousin has this exact car. I love the car. Has tons of power and I stare at it all the time. The features on the car amaze me. Especially how the key (so to say) works. I'm pretty sure SRT8. He got the highest and most expensive package on the list.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #17
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
You have a Challenger for a patrol car? How did you swing that? Pics?
yes

PM me your number again
Old 10-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #18
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
my friend had an older model R/T with the 5.7 hemi....man...he cried and cried about not being able to get the SRT8, but sure laughed his ass off when we were sideways on a freeway onramp.

I was definitely looking out of my passenger window at the road...

whoa...now I realize why the woman screams when I do that on a trail....*epiphany*
Old 10-16-2012, 04:42 AM   #19
Whyareyoureadingthis?

My only debate is buying a 13 with the 8-speed or finding a 2011-2013 with the 5 speed.

I haven't driven a 5 speed to compare the power to that of the 8-speed.