Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Working Man's Trucks Let's See 'Em!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #21
2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
2004TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma gets all the light duty jobs, most it has moved is this trailer with a combined weight of 2580lbs.

I do use it for yard work too, our yard is so big and in the fall there is a ton of leaves, so I just bag them up with the mower, then fill the truck bed up until it is to the brink full of leaves, then haul them around back and rake them out in the mulch pile. Much more convenient than making a thousand trips back there with the mower.

This gets all the heavy duty, dirty jobs. Collecting firewood, hauling heavy loads, and plowing snow. It's a 1967 F250 High-Boy, the top of the cab is about 7 feet off the ground, this was a package Ford offered from 67-77, factory lifted truck! Gets awful mileage though, would make a H2 jealous, but it was built back when nobody gave a shit about gas mileage and guys bought trucks exclusively for work. Someday, when the Taco gets more broke in and gets a few beauty marks and dents, it will get charged with some heftier chores, but until then, old blue Sulley will take care of those.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:55 AM   #22
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOly View Post
Some beastly trucks posted on here! Very nice!!

I wouldn't say I purchased my..what I call.."mighty mouse" 1st gen double cab primarily as a working man's truck but I did haul 450 sq ft worth of laminant flooring + rolls of under-layer pads with ease today from Lowe's that included driving the entire family home. I used a 10% Lowe's coupon plus they had a pretty sweet sale on flooring, got everything under $500 out the door. It was a hefty load of fake wood but the taco pulled everyone and everything home without hesitation! With the wife and I plus the 2 kids filling up the entire cab, I think that is pretty impressive. I just LOVE the utility and off road joyfulness our tacos bring!

I love it! I love how my truck handles everything I've ever asked of her with grace and ease, nice job man!
Old 10-24-2012, 12:59 AM   #23
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
Tacoma gets all the light duty jobs, most it has moved is this trailer with a combined weight of 2580lbs.

I do use it for yard work too, our yard is so big and in the fall there is a ton of leaves, so I just bag them up with the mower, then fill the truck bed up until it is to the brink full of leaves, then haul them around back and rake them out in the mulch pile. Much more convenient than making a thousand trips back there with the mower.

This gets all the heavy duty, dirty jobs. Collecting firewood, hauling heavy loads, and plowing snow. It's a 1967 F250 High-Boy, the top of the cab is about 7 feet off the ground, this was a package Ford offered from 67-77, factory lifted truck! Gets awful mileage though, would make a H2 jealous, but it was built back when nobody gave a shit about gas mileage and guys bought trucks exclusively for work. Someday, when the Taco gets more broke in and gets a few beauty marks and dents, it will get charged with some heftier chores, but until then, old blue Sulley will take care of those.
I drove a 65 chevy straight 6, 3 speed with a granny gear, I loved that truck, boy, they sure don't make em like that anymore! Those things were tanks. Trust me, when you decide to start using your Tacoma for the heavier jobs, you'll be pleased with the stoutness of this platform. Throw some Firestone airbags on it and it will do damn near anything.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:23 AM   #24
Banned
Goofin off on the jobsite

Old 10-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #25
Banned
Redneck RV, this was before the aal and airbags

Old 10-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #26
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #27
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlazer View Post
Campin gear?
Old 10-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #28
2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
I drove a 65 chevy straight 6, 3 speed with a granny gear, I loved that truck, boy, they sure don't make em like that anymore! Those things were tanks. Trust me, when you decide to start using your Tacoma for the heavier jobs, you'll be pleased with the stoutness of this platform. Throw some Firestone airbags on it and it will do damn near anything.
Oh yes, that old 3/4 ton suspension really hammers on the occupants, def not a daily driver friendly truck. Sometimes it will bounce me up and hit my head on the ceiling! But 800lbs in the bed barely pushes the suspension down at all. How much do Firestone airbags cost?
Old 10-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #29
Banned
Around 300 bones without a compressor (I don't really need a compressor anyways, i use a bike pump), this is new but I bought mine off of a fellow TW member, great investment if you don't want to replace the leaf springs
http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=C...+toyota+tacoma
Old 10-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #30
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Campin gear?
Setting up for tough mudder coarse Luckily I had the only vehicle that could drive around the lake without getting stuck

http://toughmudder.com/ for those who care to know what im talking about Lol
Old 10-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #31
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlazer View Post
Setting up for tough mudder coarse Luckily I had the only vehicle that could drive around the lake without getting stuck

http://toughmudder.com/ for those who care to know what im talking about Lol
Cool, yeah I want to do one of those for sure
Old 10-25-2012, 12:32 PM   #32

Quote:
Around 300 bones without a compressor (I don't really need a compressor anyways, i use a bike pump), this is new but I bought mine off of a fellow TW member, great investment if you don't want to replace the leaf springs
http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=C...+toyota+tacoma
Thats actually pretty reasonable, installation shouldn't be that bad. I helped install airbags in my Dad's Duramax a year or so back, can be done in a couple hours.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #33
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
Thats actually pretty reasonable, installation shouldn't be that bad. I helped install airbags in my Dad's Duramax a year or so back, can be done in a couple hours.
I mounted the fill stems into two holes I drilled out on the 7-pin connector plate under the bumper, works awesome
Old 11-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #34
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
may not be all work on my end. but she gets use for what she was made for.

well most weekends in spring and summer i mow a small business kinda down by the UT campus. just push mower a blower and weed eater. other than that my girl tows and hauls other stuff.

latest thing was the 2 man tree stand.

early spring, got another push mower and 20(or 25) bags of dirt for the business i mow.

edit: more. pic from a trip to WNY last august. 5 coolers, a suitcase and other stuff, back seat of DC is full of stuff and all the space behind and under it. (mom found a bunch of shit on sale and just had to get it all)
towing,
Old 11-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #35
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
bump. any more guys use their trucks for what they were made for?
Old 11-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #36
The slowest build EVER!!
MI4x4Toy will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
MI4x4Toy's Tacoma Gallery

^^^Bed full of red oak.

Below, had about an hour and a half drive with this load. I loaded the trailer poorly so the truck kept "bucking" going down the highway.

I'm sure the 2013 dbl cab will get used as a work truck just as much or more!
Old 11-19-2012, 12:26 AM   #38
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post

Done mulch plenty of times and jammed it full of wood
Old 11-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #40
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
I love jamming it full of wood.

Products Discussed in this Thread