Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

My Roof Rack Attempt

Old 10-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #21
tomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: E-4
Name: Tom
tomwilson74's Tacoma Gallery
That looks great, the truck is cool too.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #22
alexretama is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
alexretama's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
How is that connection waterproofed ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGT View Post
Bolt goes down through the stock weatherstriping.... tighten it down enough and it should be fine. If obcessed with it, throw in some sealant as you slip the bolts through.

Looks better than my attempt, which is still in MDF form since I know nothing about working with metal. Since I started that project, I've had stainless steel M6 bolts tightened down through the factory foam cover... and no problems.
Thats what I figured but just to be safe I threw down some soft rubber washers between the roof and weather stripping and sealed it off with tfe paste... It withstood a direct hit from a pressure washer today!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:50 PM   #23
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexretama View Post
Thats what I figured but just to be safe I threw down some soft rubber washers between the roof and weather stripping and sealed it off with tfe paste... It withstood a direct hit from a pressure washer today!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #24
kevin.95 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
kevin.95's Tacoma Gallery
what kind of lift do you have? i love the truck, it may become the inspiration for mine