Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Any Chevrolet folks lurking around?

Old 10-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Any Chevrolet folks lurking around?

In a second place running to Toyota has been my love of 90 model Chevrolet trucks.

Yesterday I found the steal of the century, a 1999 Tahoe 4x4 loaded. Two owners, all maintenance records from 40k miles on. I really just wanted something big and comfortable for winter, the heated seats was a plus! I saw the price tag and couldn't resist.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
I always liked the pre-electronics Chevys. They were very easy to maintain.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
Girlfriend has a 2011 Tahoe LTZ...damn it is that thing comfortable. I always like the 90s model Chevys too...good find!
Old 10-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #5
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Old 10-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #7
ak47dennis is on a distinguished road

Name: dennis
ak47dennis's Tacoma Gallery
Yea in August I bought my brother in laws 98 Tahoe 1 owner, 98,0000
First thing I did was put 20" on it from a 2012, don't forget it's GM vehicle were even part is a wear item haha
Attached Thumbnails
Any Chevrolet folks lurking around?-image.jpg  
Old 10-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #8
The Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
The Woodsman's Tacoma Gallery
My 2004 Chevy Silverado Z71 has done well and is at 105K now. Some rust spot are showing up mainly due to my lack of diligent cleaning and waxing but I'm still happy. I work it pretty hard for a half ton just as I always have with past trucks.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #9
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Don't have pics on hand but we've got a ~95 Silverado quarter ton we bought to haul the boat and grill with around 300k only problem with it is a leak in the A/C that we haven't been able to find or fix and a leaky radiator which was replace around 250k. '02 Tahoe which is my mother's DD it's at ~150k only problem is the ABS pump went out so no parking brake or ABS for a few months while we saved to buy a new one, $400 for the pump $200 install labor! '05 Silverado HD2500 4x4 double cab for the off shore boat jointly owned by my father and his friend no problems so far. We used to have an early 90's Suburban and it was nice but my sis and I ragged it out when we were kids, <10, and the A/C went out and we ended up replacing the entire HVAC units and sold it. I never understood the bad rep they get for being unreliable I always tell people that they are as reliable as your maintenance makes them. My mom's Tahoe however will run the front tires bald within 40k if we don't rotate every 1k or so.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:11 AM   #10
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
I've had two SS Chevelles and a '02 Camaro SS. I now have a '70 Chevy shortbed pickup that I'm restoring.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:15 AM   #11
jkulysses is on a distinguished road
Army: 1-41 Infantry Battalion Veteran (Straight and Stalwart)
Name: Jake
jkulysses's Tacoma Gallery
I just sold my 75' Chevy Scottsdale truck a few months ago. Still kinda bummed about it as it was the truck my dad taught me how to drive with but it was just sitting here rusting out and taking up space. The guy that bought it just wanted the drive train and he was going to scrap the rest of it.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:38 AM   #12
ROLL TIDE
Jo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud of

Name: Jo Dog
Jo Dog's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 95 1500 with 107k and 03 2500 hd duramax 116k and have not had any problems out of them.

and this of the 95 is from a ride this past weekend

Old 11-01-2012, 08:25 PM   #13
Bosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Kevin
Bosmob's Tacoma Gallery
Sleeps next to the Tacoma at night

Old 11-01-2012, 08:45 PM   #14
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Had some cheby's. 1st was a 98 S10. Long story. 2nd was an even older S10. Sold it to a co-worker. 3rd was a Blazer, early 2000's. Bagged that hunk o' creaky junk for a real truck.

Co-worker is a big Chevy guy.

Not that horrible to work on most of the time. Pretty straight forward. Same problems as a lot of auto makers, just cheap, junky parts.

Tahoe is ever loving popular.

Looks clean man.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #15
Ghoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Retired
Ghoster's Tacoma Gallery
I have had one or two..... or twelve.

This is the current one.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #16
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Best car I had prior to the Tacoma

'96 Tahoe

Fuck I miss that truck
Old 11-01-2012, 10:47 PM   #17
Flight Ready
Space Junk is on a distinguished road

Army:
Space Junk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosmob View Post
Sleeps next to the Tacoma at night

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/z...f709dc74cc.jpg

Chevy gets the driveway, Tacoma sleeps in the street.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #18
Bosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Kevin
Bosmob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Junk View Post
http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/z...f709dc74cc.jpg

Chevy gets the driveway, Tacoma sleeps in the street.
Nice Nova!

They both get to sleep in a garage. Safe and Sound
Old 11-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #19
Flight Ready
Space Junk is on a distinguished road

Army:
Space Junk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosmob View Post
Nice Nova!

They both get to sleep in a garage. Safe and Sound
Thanks! I've known the car since it was just a few years old and have owned it since the late 90's. I wish I could say I could park ANYTHING in the garage though!
Old 11-01-2012, 11:24 PM   #20
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
In order I've had these since I was 17, nothing else:

82 Pontiac Grand Prix
84 Chevy Camaro x2
84 Chevy Monte Carlo
83 Chevy Monte Carlo
77 Chevy Malibu
84 Olds Delta 88
86 Olds Calais Supreme
86 Chevy Celebrity
88 Chevy Corsica
88 Chevy Celebrity
97 Olds Achieva
06 Chevy Colorado

Just traded the Colorado in for my 10 Tacoma. The 2004-06 Colorado and GMC Canyon had defective cylinder heads, which happened to mine at 78k. The first dealer said it was $3000 and when I showed them the service bulletin said they didn't know about it. A few weeks later that same dealer (different service mgr) backpedaled and said they wouldn't do the job. I found the old manager at another Chevy dealer and he socked me for an extra $1800 for a cam and timing chain that the head ruined..told me GM would "comp" me b/c he didn't have the ability to. GM said they can't, the dealer has to. The manager told me to get lost and the owner told me they didn't even ask GM to help with my case.

There are a few older ones I'd love to own someday maybe, but I don't see myself owning another GM as my daily driver after this piss-poor display of customer service.