1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Progressive insurance w/modified vehicles.

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by nswsparky, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Oct 31, 2012 at 7:27 PM
    nswsparky

nswsparky [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    '03 TRD, SAS, ARB's F/R, Atlas 4 speed
    D44, SAS, 3 link coilovers, ARB's, Ford 8.8, Atlas 4 speed, cutting brakes.
    For the last 5 years I have had Progressive insurance. I have never had any troubles with them, but nor have I had any accidents. It is cheap at $370 for 6 months for my 3 vehicles for liability only.

The problem I have is when I added the Tacoma, a couple months ago, I was signing the agreement and noticed a fine print wording that by signing you stated that you did not have a modified suspension. So I was thinking about that this past Monday and gave them a call to ask. I got a lady that did not understand the question she kept saying my parts would not be covered in an accident. I kept telling her I only had liability and did not care about covering parts now. After a back and forth for a while she transferred me to a claims person. I asked him the same question he told be I would be covered in a road accident but not off the highway while wheeling. I thought great, but I better get that in writing so I have something to lean on, just in case. I sent them an e-mail asking the same question but I got this back.
    Dang not what I wanted so I sent him this back
    And got this back later that day
    Still open ended so I sent this back
    still waiting on a reply but I don't think it will work out so I am going to have to find another company to give money to.
    Double check the fine print of your insurance. Imagine being in an accident and finding out you are not covered and end up being sued for all your worth by the other parties involved, it would suck.

Products Discussed in

To Top