Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Need help diagnosing low idle shutter

Old 11-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
The Red Bull
BassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Aviation Electronics Tech
Name: Dylan
BassAckwardsDyl's Tacoma Gallery
Need help diagnosing low idle shutter

Fellas, need all of your great minds to come together and help me diagnose a low idle shutter in my 2000 Ford Focus. Yes, i know it is a focus and a ford and there starts my problems, but, it is a secondary car for us and we got it at a great price.... so here it goes:

Car has 72k miles. I have replaced plugs and wires with NGK plugs gapped at 050ish. I have run Seafoam through the vacuum lines several times to make sure i get all the carbon out of the intake system. I have also can techron and BG44K through 4 tanks of gas to make sure my fuel system is "cleaned". I have also replaced my fuel filter and air intake filter. I have removed and cleaned my idle air control valve, replaced my PCV valve and hose, checked all vacuum lines for leaks (did the old school method of spraying carb cleaner at connection points and lines and listened for drop in rpm), and cleaned my MAF sens with CFC cleaner with no luck. Checked my throttle position sensor for correct readings, bypassed my EGR valve and have also disconnected and reconnected my MAF sensor with no changes.

I am slowly coming to a loss as to what could be going on. The focus forum sucks for info IMO.

So fellas, besides telling me to take it to a mechanic... please help me out and let me know what yall would check and i will gladly do my best and report back what happens....
Old 11-02-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
The Red Bull
BassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump... any ideas?
Old 11-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #3
The Red Bull

Anything?????
Old 11-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #4
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know but if you've done all that I'd say try and switch out the ECU (Brain) with another known good one. Of course this is a guess but stranger things have happened.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
The Red Bull

I would think taking it to a mechanic or the dealer to diagnose would be cheaper than swapping out the ECU