Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Dodge Challenger reviews...let me know.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Dodge Challenger reviews...let me know.

Okay so I might be getting pre-approved for an auto loan from my credit union. I'm looking at the Dodge Challengers either the R/T models or the bad ass SRT8's. Just hoping anyone out there has any experience with them. The goods the bads and etc.... let me know!! Thanks in advance!

Here is the one I am looking at...2009 SRT8 with 20K miles. Price = $31K

Old 11-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
The slowest build EVER!!
MI4x4Toy will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
MI4x4Toy's Tacoma Gallery
Well, my father owned a R/T Classic with the Trak-pak option. It was a 2010 model 5.7L. Nice car and fun to drive. Motor felt strong, transmission was nice and tight. BUT the biggest downfall is how extremely heavy the darn thing is. You can feel the weight big time...I'm pretty sure from motor trend's review on the FR-S/BRZ the quarter mile wasn't much better. The exhaust note from the interior with stock exhaust sounded delicious. But exterior it had a weird rattle sound when really hittin the gas. 7k miles it had interior rattles. Factory tires should have been wider at least in the rear. Somewhat expensive to fuel (large tank, premium gas required). But I guess if you can afford the car you can afford the gas

Overall it was more of a image thing rather than a performance thing. I enjoyed the HECK out of it. But I also had to be a fair critic and mention the negatives. Hope it helps!

Next to my bike:
Old 11-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Okay so I might be getting pre-approved for an auto loan from my credit union. I'm looking at the Dodge Challengers either the R/T models or the bad ass SRT8's. Just hoping anyone out there has any experience with them. The goods the bads and etc.... let me know!! Thanks in advance!

Here is the one I am looking at...2009 SRT8 with 20K miles. Price = $31K

I have drove both models and they are comfortable but if your looking for speed and a good vechile around turns, honestly I wouldnt. I expected more and car seems very heavy when driving.

Out of all the cars I have driven the corvette is where its at if your looking for speed and something to scare the shit out of you. You can get 2008 2009 models under 30k if your looking for speed and fun!

Old 11-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #4
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
I have drove both models and they are comfortable but if your looking for speed and a good vechile around turns, honestly I wouldnt. I expected more and car seems very heavy when driving
Tacoma's would smoke them with the addition of the TRD supercharger...
Old 11-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well from both of the Matt's above ^^^ sounds like the car is pretty heavy and can be pricey on gas. I'm not looking to race the thing...just want a nice ride that looks sharp and it would only be the car I drive to work and back and occasional trips out of town.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
I have drove both models and they are comfortable but if your looking for speed and a good vechile around turns, honestly I wouldnt. I expected more and car seems very heavy when driving.

Out of all the cars I have driven the corvette is where its at if your looking for speed and something to scare the shit out of you. You can get 2008 2009 models under 30k if your looking for speed and fun!

I'm just not a big Corvette fan....they seem to be for more older folks haha.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #7
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
The rt will smoke a frs
Old 11-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #8
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Well from both of the Matt's above ^^^ sounds like the car is pretty heavy and can be pricey on gas. I'm not looking to race the thing...just want a nice ride that looks sharp and it would only be the car I drive to work and back and occasional trips out of town.
If thats the purpose of the car then it really would probably suit you well. We took the car on a trip from Michigan to Missouri. 8 hour straight drive. And 3 of us were for the most part comfortable the whole time. Rides smooth and quiet on the highway (you'll hear more exhaust note than road noise).

Corvettes ARE performers, but the problem with them is everyone and their bro has one. Challengers haven't hit that status yet.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #9
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I'm just not a big Corvette fan....they seem to be for more older folks haha.

haha..yeah cause they are the only ones that can afford them, If you have never drove one, you should because you might have a different opinion
Old 11-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #10
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
The rt will smoke a frs

What I was trying to imply is that its not LEAPS and bounds faster. Motor trend managed a 14.8 with the 6 speed brz I think...trying to find the video on youtube. And the challenger cannot break into the 13's I don't think as a base r/t.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI4x4Toy View Post
If thats the purpose of the car then it really would probably suit you well. We took the car on a trip from Michigan to Missouri. 8 hour straight drive. And 3 of us were for the most part comfortable the whole time. Rides smooth and quiet on the highway (you'll hear more exhaust note than road noise).

Corvettes ARE performers, but the problem with them is everyone and their bro has one. Challengers haven't hit that status yet.
Thanks for the info and nice pic up top! I think this is the car I want.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #12

imagine this

beside this

Old 11-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #13
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
haha..yeah cause they are the only ones that can afford them, If you have never drove one, you should because you might have a different opinion
Haha yeah I know those Corvettes can get pretty pricey. I'm not hating on them....just not a fan of them and I'm sure they are great cars.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #14
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
imagine this

beside this

Haha nice Matt!! That ride does look sick though!!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #15
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Of all the latest muscle cars I'd buy the challenger over them all but I'd get the 392 SRT8
Old 11-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #16
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Of all the latest muscle cars I'd buy the challenger over them all but I'd get the 392 SRT8
The 392's are super nice but hard to find used and way to pricey for me.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #17
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
If no kids needed to ride I'd go vette too . Even the regular ol corvette non zo6 etc. vette will probably be our next car . Auto/paddle shifter/targa top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #18
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
I saw the sickest challenger last year.....

It was a foggy night where you could bearly see in front of yourself and I was walking down the street. A challenger comes roaring through all blacked out with green fog lights, sick as fuck!

But thats the only real time I have ever been a fan of them, sorry OP

My friend has as r/t model and its nice and stuff. I have driven it and you it definitely felt planted to the road with the weight

He also prides him self on it and when it is in the shop, he can't get girls dont be one of those guys if you get it lol.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #19
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
I've always wanted a challenger but I think the new mustang might be my next car. Better MPG more hp and lighter
Old 11-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #20
Lieutenant Dan.

Well I went with this 2010 R/T and I will have it by early next week!! I got a better deal then I had expected so I'm very happy about my purchase!!