Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

What is a good VW forum ?

Old 12-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #21
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipreferwater View Post
Vortex.

I haven't used it in a long time, dont remember the exact name
Vwvortex or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipreferwater View Post
Ya its vwvortex

VWVortex.com Statistics Threads: 5,702,576 Posts: 75,152,414 Members: 707,211 Active Members: 41,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
vw vortex, I used it when I had my jetta. Not as much as TW but still a lot of dudes extremely dedicated to their vw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
VWVortex

Im on there.

My boss is 63yo, and he says VWvortex is a great site.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #22
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
We were going to get her a new 2012 or 2013 but she couldn't decide exactly what she wants , she might get a Golf Wagen

She needs a car as her old piece of crap finally gave up the ghost .

Her mom has a 2009 Rabbit that has been great .

This particular car became available locally , 2006 Golf GLS , only 34 000 kms ( 21 000 miles ) and the price was right so we got it

She will probably trade it in on a newer model next year or the year after
I love both my VW wagons, my wife has a 09 passat and I drive a 12 tdi wagon. Hands down the best cars I have ever owned (honda accord, camery (sorry but true in my eyes) and a acura integra. After driving my TDI the truck really feels like a chore to keep on the road. I love the German engineering and ride. Enjoy the Golf.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #23
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter pilot still serving
rme's Tacoma Gallery
TDI FORUM

www.tdiclub.com if you have a diesel
Old 12-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #24
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rme View Post
www.tdiclub.com if you have a diesel
It's not a diesel , but thanks
Old 12-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #25
Fly rod in one hand, hockey stick in the other
fgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
fgcutaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just like everyone else said, vwvortex. There is also probably a local vw forum for your area. For example on the Fl Gulf coast there is gulfcoasteuros. There might also be a particular forum for what you want to do to it. For example if you wanted to slam it and make it really low there's websites like ilovedrivingslow or stancenation.

But for an overall awesome vw site, once again just like everyone else said, vortex is where it's at!
Old 12-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #26
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Dubberz.com is the local Vancouver forum.

Not so sure OZ will fit with that crowd though...
Old 01-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #27
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wife bought a used 2006 Golf GLS , wondering if there is a great VW site I could check out

Thanks in advance
Not entirely true

Thought I would update this , we decided not to get the 2006 , but today picked up a used (36 000 km) 2012 Golf gas model auto

Old 01-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #28
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not entirely true

Thought I would update this , we decided not to get the 2006 , but today picked up a used (36 000 km) 2012 Golf gas model auto

www.tdiclub.com Point your browser at Forums....
Old 01-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #29

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
www.tdiclub.com Point your browser at Forums....
It's not a TDI though
Old 01-04-2013, 05:51 PM   #30

rme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's not a TDI though

okay try this one:

www.vwvortex.com
Old 01-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #31

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
okay try this one:

www.vwvortex.com
Got that one , been checking it out

Thanks
Old 01-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #32
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
I think the problem you are going to find with a VW forum is the average age range of a forum member is going to be 19.
so essentially just like TW...........
Old 01-05-2013, 06:54 AM   #33

rme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Got that one , been checking it out

Thanks
don't forget to use the search function. It is extremely useful when you start looking for stuff.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #34
Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?
Doc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Doc4216's Tacoma Gallery
Had pretty good luck with this one http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/
Old 01-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #35
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
vortex is an abortion of a forum. dont get me wrong, the people are knowledgeable. but they are some of the biggest dicks ive ever seen in my life
Old 01-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #36

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc4216 View Post
Had pretty good luck with this one http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/
Thanks
Old 01-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #37
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, VW Vortex if you can stand the childish posts. Mk5forums is the one I prefer, not a big or as many posts, but more knowlegable and much less BS.

I have a modified 2009 GTI, 330WHP makes it lots of fun, surprises a lot of v8 cars, and still gives 30mpg on the work commute.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #38

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
op will fit right in
after all he is a canucks fan
I'll kill you
Old 01-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #39

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
threat reported
your time is limited here
Bring it Peckerface
Old 01-09-2013, 06:46 AM   #40
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
How does your wife like the VW? What kind of miles/kilometers per gallon/liter is she getting?