Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

What is a good VW forum ?

Old 12-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
What is a good VW forum ?

Wife bought a used 2006 Golf GLS , wondering if there is a great VW site I could check out

Thanks in advance
Old 12-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-01-2012, 12:32 PM   #3
Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?
Doc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Doc4216's Tacoma Gallery
Just google it! I found a great one on there for my GTI. I think I would just google Golf forum if I were you. Good luck
Old 12-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I think the problem you are going to find with a VW forum is the average age range of a forum member is going to be 19.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #5
Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?
Doc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Doc4216's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
I think the problem you are going to find with a VW forum is the average age range of a forum member is going to be 19.

It totally is which is why I am never on it! Lots of punks!!
Old 12-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I know I can just google it and get a bunch of sites , I was just hoping that someone who has had experience with them could point me to the best source of info

I don't intend on participating in the social side of the site , just looking for reliable info on the car
Old 12-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #7
4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connor
4Running Daily's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc4216 View Post
Just google it! I found a great one on there for my GTI. I think I would just google Golf forum if I were you. Good luck
What is said website?
Old 12-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #8
I doughnut belong here.
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Vortex.

I haven't used it in a long time, dont remember the exact name
Vwvortex or something.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #9
I doughnut belong here.
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ya its vwvortex

VWVortex.com Statistics Threads: 5,702,576 Posts: 75,152,414 Members: 707,211 Active Members: 41,964
Old 12-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #11
Tasty fish in a tortilla
SalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
SalmonTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2001 Eurovan and have looked for a good forum - VW Vortex had some info, but was dead compared to this site.

I bet the Golf and GTI side of things is more active than the van section.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #12
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
vw vortex, I used it when I had my jetta. Not as much as TW but still a lot of dudes extremely dedicated to their vw.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:00 PM   #14
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
VWVortex

Im on there.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #15
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
wondering if there is a great VW
I wonder that too.

Let us know how she works out OZ. I had an '01 tdi and was VERY impressed with the mpg and the drive quality (great especially considering the price on the car) but, had pretty bad luck with reliability.

I really want another one but, have been concerned....
Old 12-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #16
I doughnut belong here.

the tdi's are great, get great mpg, but for the cost.. its not worth it
Old 12-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
I wonder that too.

Let us know how she works out OZ. I had an '01 tdi and was VERY impressed with the mpg and the drive quality (great especially considering the price on the car) but, had pretty bad luck with reliability.

I really want another one but, have been concerned....
We were going to get her a new 2012 or 2013 but she couldn't decide exactly what she wants , she might get a Golf Wagen

She needs a car as her old piece of crap finally gave up the ghost .

Her mom has a 2009 Rabbit that has been great .

This particular car became available locally , 2006 Golf GLS , only 34 000 kms ( 21 000 miles ) and the price was right so we got it

She will probably trade it in on a newer model next year or the year after
Old 12-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #18
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
For where you live, have you considered a Subaru?

Sorry, no insight on a VW site.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
For where you live, have you considered a Subaru?

Sorry, no insight on a VW site.
She also likes the Forester
Old 12-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #20
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipreferwater View Post
the tdi's are great, get great mpg, but for the cost.. its not worth it
There's a price difference between purchase price of tdi & gas and fuel cost. I went through this debate in 2010 as well. I ended up adding a 2010 Honda Civic EX. I ended up getting 38 to 39 mpg (with highest ever being 41) in the Civic. With the tdi my typical was about 47 to 48 with highest being 54 for me. My daily drive is about 120 miles round trip (4 days a week) then once a month I do a 1,200 mile round trip. Still, crunching the number the tdi is about a wash.