Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

For those who dislike Ethanol

Old 12-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
For those who dislike Ethanol

I'm going to do a few fill ups hitting these and try and hit them on trips as well, I haven't seen it posted but if it's a repost, my bad. . .

Not everyone cares, but I personally don't like ethanol in my gasoline.

http://www.pure-gas.org/

I hope this doesn't turn into a huge debate (yeah right haha) but thought some may like to know where they can fill up. Don't know how reliable it is either considering it's user updated.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, nothing close to me.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yup, waiting on the Android app for sure.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:48 AM   #5
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
It says there's nothing near me but I know for a fact I can go to the station and get 87 octane pure gas right now. It costs more though. The pump usually has a sticker on it if it uses ethanol.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:54 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
My state isn't even listed

I just use additives for my smaller engines. Seems to counter act the ethanol. The truck seems to do alright with it. I drive it enough to I don't have issues with the truck.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:55 AM   #7

I've never updated the site but it is user updated, perhaps you could add a station
Old 12-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #8
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly, I don't care enough to bother. Ethanol is not bad for a regularly used engine and additives aren't hard to get if you want to add them. I feel comfortable running it and others can fend for themselves just like me.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #9

I run it if I can, if I can't there's not much I can do about it ha
Old 12-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #10
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
None....not one single station in the entire DFW area metroplex. FML.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #11
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Going up to 15% very very soon

Screw Ethanol....tired of it beating up my small stuff.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #12
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
I only use non ethonal in the outboard motors and other small engines... costs $4.34 a gallon right now here for 92 octane. The truck runs great with reg unleaded... i treat it to higher octane when towing the boat.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #13
cabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Andy
cabarbhab's Tacoma Gallery
Ethanol is great. I mean between the lower fuel efficiency and higher food prices because so much corn goes to produce gas and not food, oh and along with that don't forget about future potential food shortages. I mean it isn't like livestock is fed corn. Hey this year many farmers had to slaughter their herds early because of the lack of food because of droughts. What a joke.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #14
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If there's ever a shortage of corn it will be artificial. Some farmers are being paid NOT to grow corn. It's a pretty fucked up situation.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #15
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabarbhab View Post
Ethanol is great. I mean between the lower fuel efficiency and higher food prices because so much corn goes to produce gas and not food, oh and along with that don't forget about future potential food shortages. I mean it isn't like livestock is fed corn. Hey this year many farmers had to slaughter their herds early because of the lack of food because of droughts. What a joke.

The use of corn for Ethanol is the issue your bringing up.

Ethanol can be made out of other plants. Corn is the least efficient means to do so. Brazil is far ahead of most countries when it comes to this. When the shit hit the fan in the 70's concerning gas they were smart enough to advance their science unlike the US.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #16
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
It says there's nothing near me but I know for a fact I can go to the station and get 87 octane pure gas right now. It costs more though. The pump usually has a sticker on it if it uses ethanol.
Are they required to list that?

I'm fine with it in my truck but just for my small engines is why I ask
Old 12-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #17
Sounds Gooooood

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
The use of corn for Ethanol is the issue your bringing up.

Ethanol can be made out of other plants. Corn is the least efficient means to do so. Brazil is far ahead of most countries when it comes to this. When the shit hit the fan in the 70's concerning gas they were smart enough to advance their science unlike the US.
Are they using cane sugar? I can't remember what it was they were using. Been a while since I read up on it.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:31 AM   #18
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
Are they using cane sugar? I can't remember what it was they were using. Been a while since I read up on it.
yep.

Brazil is considered to have the world's first sustainable biofuels economy and the biofuel industry leader, a policy model for other countries; and its sugarcane ethanol "the most successful alternative fuel to date."
Old 12-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #19
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yep.

Brazil is considered to have the world's first sustainable biofuels economy and the biofuel industry leader, a policy model for other countries; and its sugarcane ethanol "the most successful alternative fuel to date."
yeah brazil is kicking ass with ethanol production, and they have it right. our laws that require so much corn to be used for fuel production is ridiculous and a near pointless endevour in making us (the USA) energy independent. not to mention no leniency in years like this one where the corn crop was so bad. . . if you want to support an organization that has the most influence on the laws that are made in regards to ethonal, it's the national cattle and pork council lobbyists. . .and so it's known, im not affiliated nor do a personally give any money to those organizations. i've just had experiences with them through school and they have the right idea.... even if it is just in their best interest (cheap corn for their cows and piggys haha)
Old 12-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #20
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yep.

They are fortunate to have a climate that sugar cane likes. Sugar can will only grow in limited areas of the south east US.

That is Brazil's advantage, not necessarily any advances in science.

Not sure how sugar beets compare with sugar cane but we grow lot's of sugar beets, and could potentially grow a lot more.

Not that I want more in my gas.