Notices

aux fog lights...suggestions

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2012, 07:46 AM   #1
ekapec is on a distinguished road
Name: Erik
ekapec's Tacoma Gallery
aux fog lights...suggestions

So the holidaze are right around the corner and my dad wants some lights on his truck after seeing mine. Its not a tacoma, but a sierra slt with a bull bar. His stock fogs suck so he wants a pair to put on his bull bar. I have 2 pairs of offroad driving lights, but am looking to get him something a little better. Anyone have some suggestions?

I'v been looking at thesehttp://www.amazon.com/HID-Xenon-Offr...I2KOM5K8OCF34I, and would be open to any other suggestions. Thanks yall!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
If they're going to be hooked up and used as fog or foul weather lights, I'd avoid HID and stick with either LED or Halogen. Also, you'll want to look for a flood or fog pattern light (or possibly a combo flood/driving or all-terrain pattern), not a driving or pencil pattern. The reason I said I'd avoid HID is because fogs are typically wired so they come on with your low beams and shut off when you go to high beams. HIDs generally don't like to be cycled on and off, it kills the ballasts. Also, a cheaper HID light will be bright as hell but probably won't have a very focused beam which means light scatter which means they'll suck as fog lights.

Personally, I've got a set of projector fogs. They're great but they were a custom job. Something like PIAA's ATP lights would work or one of the LED brands, Rigid, Morimoto, Blitzpro, etc.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
ekapec is on a distinguished road
Name: Erik
ekapec's Tacoma Gallery
lights

Awesome, thanks for the information. Makes a lot more sense.

Products Discussed in this Thread