1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

If you could frankenstein a 1st and 2nd Gen . . .

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by BuzzardsGottaEat, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Dec 11, 2012 at 9:20 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    I was thinking about the various pros and cons that I like about each generation and variation of Tacoma that I like and it crossed my mind that it would be cool to have an unlimited $, frankenstein build of any and all parts from whatever Tacoma you wanted. (this is hypothetical and for fun, no need to get all technical if you don't want, or if you do, go for it!)

I was going to say any vehicle but that just gets out of hand, so . . .

If you could mix and match and create the ultimate first/second gen Frankenstein of a Tacoma, and with Taco parts only, what would you mix and match between the generations?

Can be as simple as I like these door handles and that bumper to down to every chain, belt, bolt or configuration you can fathom.

And . . . Go.

2. Dec 11, 2012 at 9:29 PM
    Monster Coma

Monster Coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pittsburgh, PA/Houston, TX
    Sponsored by Mom and Dad
    I would take the drivers side headlight screws and the passenger side bulb haha very cool idea tho, I just know almost nothing about 1st gens so I can't really pitch in.

3. Dec 11, 2012 at 9:44 PM
    PWhite13

PWhite13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Prescott
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    06 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3
    Hmm, interesting idea. I'd probably do a few different rigs but if I had to choose I'd make a 1st gen double cab 4x4 with a 4.0 liter and the 5 speed auto. That'd be a beast. Or I'd put in the 1st gen 5 speed manual if it could handle it.

4. Dec 12, 2012 at 1:01 AM
    RussellG

RussellG Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Firestone
    Vehicle:
    87 DLX/00taco everything except the FJ bits
    Diamond Axle SAS, TRD FJ calipers and brembo rotors on all 4, FJ rear axle, 5.29's and elockers in both, 3rz swap and dual cases,4.7 rear case,00 taco dash, bobbed bed,soft topper,raceline beadlocks, fj cruiser steering wheel and clinometer, super white paint and 37'' kevlars. Much more but i will keep it simple.
    Well I built my first choice. 87 longbed pickup with a 00 taco 2.7 motor and dash on diamond/Fj axle

I'd like to do a 1st gen 4runner with a 3rd gen 3.4 s/c with diamonds and the runner dash and interior.

I'd love to also do a 3rd gen limited runner with a 1gr-fe swap left ifs for a daily beater. I was thinking I'd do that swap cause I have it sitting but I'm going to wait. It was for my truck.

5. Jan 20, 2013 at 7:29 AM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    I'm surprised this didn't take off a bit. Nobody is torn between first and second gen I take it

I was waiting for someone to say DCLB on a first gen.

I'd personally build up a completely first gen access cab with a SC'ed 2.7 then take every luxury I like, from seats to storage to outlets, from the second gen and swap it in. For starters anyway

Products Discussed in

To Top