Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

The Gov wants to crush our trucks

Old 01-31-2009, 12:34 PM   #1
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation The Gov wants to crush our trucks

Link

Well, He did promise us change.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
lets see. the two best selling vehicles last year was the F150 and Silverado.

Let's get rid of work trucks and start carrying everything around in camrys and accords. i think that would work out well.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:48 PM   #4
ILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
ILove2Drive's Tacoma Gallery
That is rediculous honestly, our vehicles don't harm the environment anyway. Global warming is politics, my .02
Old 01-31-2009, 03:18 PM   #5
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
The SEMA description is more than a little misleading ...

The bills referred to are not part of any 'stimulus package'. They are in fact independent bills submitted in parallel in the House and Senate. The program is not any kind of mandatory thing - it's a voluntary voucher program to encourage people to get rid of inefficient vehicles and move on to more efficient ones.

The text of the two bills (which, as far as I can tell, are identical) can be accessed at:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill...?bill=h111-520

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/.../z?c111:S.247:

If you take the time to review the actual bills you'll see they're describing a voluntary incentive program to motivate people to surrender gas-guzzlers and get a voucher toward purchase of a more fuel-efficient vehicle.

Nobody's 'forced' to participate at all.