1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Invisible cloaking.

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by gasgasman, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Jan 16, 2013 at 5:42 AM
    gasgasman

gasgasman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Driving to work this morning, I got cut off 3 times. I was not even driving fast. I'd be cruising down a lane, then all of a sudden a person would jump out of their stopped lane into mine.
    This happens every day. :mad:

How do I remove the invisible cloaking on my Taco?
    'bout ready to mount my GoPro on the dash for evidence.

2. Jan 16, 2013 at 6:37 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Lots of strobe lights?

3. Jan 16, 2013 at 6:39 AM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    air horn

4. Jan 16, 2013 at 6:48 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Do you have your head lights on?

5. Jan 16, 2013 at 6:55 AM
    Nickel

Nickel Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Diego
    Rio Rancho New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2013 T/X TRD
    does turning tires to black wall out count? How bout added snug top rebel.
    I've been wondering same thing! My daily driver before the taco was a 97 f350 crewcab, I would get cut off once a week. Now, in the taco, I get cut off 3-4 times a day!
    I'm thinking bad ass front bumper with fog lights always on, maybe will reduce the amount of times we get cut off. Maybe not, so many people on the road that shouldn't be allowed to drive.

6. Jan 16, 2013 at 6:56 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Doesn't matter...... I have might lights on all the time. People are just stupid.

My drive to work is more like a game. Guessing what these stupid people are gonna do next. Predict their stupid actions and try to get away from them.

I love it when their brains are about 30 seconds too late. When they get into another lane and put their blinkers on AFTER they've started moving. No need to tell me ...I've figured it out before you put your blinkers on, you dumb ass!!:D

(I predict this thread will turn into a 'drivers venting' type thread) ;)

7. Jan 16, 2013 at 6:59 AM
    KenpachiZaraki

KenpachiZaraki Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    ALL POSER- Afe Pro Dry S drop in filter, 3" AP leaf pack, Eibach w/5100's up front, 5100's rear, Fog Light Mod, ABS off mod, Dash Light MOD, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Wicked Flow Bitches MAX Muffler, 4" floods, 20", 43" light bars, 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATm, oil catch can, rear diff breather relocate, Custome Sliders, SOS concepts Front bumper, Demon Eye Mod, backlit TRD emblem on bumper, Morimoto D2S projectors,
    Zombie bumper with sharp pointy things and air horn

8. Jan 16, 2013 at 10:03 AM
    speedjunkie13

speedjunkie13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    a work in progress
    lots of these types know you are there and will simply cut you off because they expect you will slow down in time. At least that's how it is driving around Washington DC

9. Jan 16, 2013 at 10:09 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    [​IMG]

I don't get cut off often if ever. And on the rare occurrences I do, the nice part of having a lift is I can see right over them and can tell if they're braking to brake or brake checking me. And I don't slow down for brake checking. The ARB just sits a few inches off their bumper while they squirm.

Fuckers...

10. Jan 16, 2013 at 3:04 PM
    gasgasman

gasgasman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yes. And the fog lights are on.

It only happens in the morning on the way to work.

11. Jan 16, 2013 at 3:55 PM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    I think the slightly smaller size of the Tacoma, as a pickup, fools people into thinking it's further away than it really is. From the front, the Tacoma looks like a larger full-size pickup. With that firmly in the other driver's mind, it's actual size gives the impression of a large pickup not being so close. As a result, others pull out or change lanes.

Of course, anyone paying the least bit of attention would not be so easily fooled. Sadly, far too many seemingly drive on auto-pilot (distracted physically or mentally, etc), paying little or no real attention to the gosh darn road.

What can you do about? Just be well aware it can happen and be prepared to respond quickly when it does.

Products Discussed in

To Top