LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Invisible cloaking.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:42 AM   #1
ASE Master Tech.
gasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

gasgasman's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Invisible cloaking.

Driving to work this morning, I got cut off 3 times. I was not even driving fast. I'd be cruising down a lane, then all of a sudden a person would jump out of their stopped lane into mine.
This happens every day.

How do I remove the invisible cloaking on my Taco?
'bout ready to mount my GoPro on the dash for evidence.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:37 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of strobe lights?
Old 01-16-2013, 06:55 AM   #5
Nickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Diego
Nickel's Tacoma Gallery
I've been wondering same thing! My daily driver before the taco was a 97 f350 crewcab, I would get cut off once a week. Now, in the taco, I get cut off 3-4 times a day!
I'm thinking bad ass front bumper with fog lights always on, maybe will reduce the amount of times we get cut off. Maybe not, so many people on the road that shouldn't be allowed to drive.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:56 AM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Do you have your head lights on?
Doesn't matter...... I have might lights on all the time. People are just stupid.

My drive to work is more like a game. Guessing what these stupid people are gonna do next. Predict their stupid actions and try to get away from them.

I love it when their brains are about 30 seconds too late. When they get into another lane and put their blinkers on AFTER they've started moving. No need to tell me ...I've figured it out before you put your blinkers on, you dumb ass!!

(I predict this thread will turn into a 'drivers venting' type thread)
Old 01-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #8
speedjunkie13 is a glorious beacon of lightspeedjunkie13 is a glorious beacon of lightspeedjunkie13 is a glorious beacon of lightspeedjunkie13 is a glorious beacon of lightspeedjunkie13 is a glorious beacon of light
speedjunkie13's Tacoma Gallery
lots of these types know you are there and will simply cut you off because they expect you will slow down in time. At least that's how it is driving around Washington DC
Old 01-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #9
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Doesn't matter...... I have might lights on all the time. People are just stupid.

My drive to work is more like a game. Guessing what these stupid people are gonna do next. Predict their stupid actions and try to get away from them.

I love it when their brains are about 30 seconds too late. When they get into another lane and put their blinkers on AFTER they've started moving. No need to tell me ...I've figured it out before you put your blinkers on, you dumb ass!!

(I predict this thread will turn into a 'drivers venting' type thread)

I don't get cut off often if ever. And on the rare occurrences I do, the nice part of having a lift is I can see right over them and can tell if they're braking to brake or brake checking me. And I don't slow down for brake checking. The ARB just sits a few inches off their bumper while they squirm.

Fuckers...
Old 01-16-2013, 03:04 PM   #10
ASE Master Tech.
gasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

gasgasman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Do you have your head lights on?
Yes. And the fog lights are on.

It only happens in the morning on the way to work.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #11
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
Driving to work this morning, I got cut off 3 times. (snip)
I think the slightly smaller size of the Tacoma, as a pickup, fools people into thinking it's further away than it really is. From the front, the Tacoma looks like a larger full-size pickup. With that firmly in the other driver's mind, it's actual size gives the impression of a large pickup not being so close. As a result, others pull out or change lanes.

Of course, anyone paying the least bit of attention would not be so easily fooled. Sadly, far too many seemingly drive on auto-pilot (distracted physically or mentally, etc), paying little or no real attention to the gosh darn road.

What can you do about? Just be well aware it can happen and be prepared to respond quickly when it does.