Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Can my credit really get dinged because of a parking ticket?!

Old 01-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
2 4 LIFE!!!
TuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
TuFerLife's Tacoma Gallery
Can my credit really get dinged because of a parking ticket?!

I was in Atlanta a few months ago and didn't have any cash on me when I parked on the road. Got a ticket for about $25 which i thought was absolutely absurd, and yes I know I should have paid it.

Well I sold the truck and forgot completely about it because I don't own the vehicle and don't live in Atlanta, and now I got something in the mail saying they will probably boot my car if I come back down, and that they can report to the credit bureau's if I don't pay it... But now they want like $125!!!!!

Can they do that?!
Old 01-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
Absolutely. I had a bunch of unpaid parking tickets from when I was a young dumb 18 y/o at San Diego State. Didn't know they were following me around until I got my shit together 4 yrs later. Credit took a HUGE hit and I ended up paying 10x the amount of the original tickets just to clear my record. No bueno. Pay em now.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuFerLife View Post
I was in Atlanta a few months ago and didn't have any cash on me when I parked on the road. Got a ticket for about $25 which i thought was absolutely absurd, and yes I know I should have paid it.

Well I sold the truck and forgot completely about it because I don't own the vehicle and don't live in Atlanta, and now I got something in the mail saying they will probably boot my car if I come back down, and that they can report to the credit bureau's if I don't pay it... But now they want like $125!!!!!

Can they do that?!
Your laws are different than ours... but I would think they could... you own money, didn't pay... it shouldn't matter if it was a bill from the local building supply store, or a municipal fine...that's bad credit.. so pay your bills.

Frank