Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

US-Spec Chevy Colorado Spy Shots

Old 10-25-2013, 10:59 PM   #21
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlittlematty View Post
Looks like I don't give a shit about it
Troll
Old 10-25-2013, 11:38 PM   #22
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
So what's uglier, Nissan Frontier or 2015 Colorado?

Previously posted in Funny Pictures thread (click for full-size):
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Old 10-26-2013, 12:20 AM   #23
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
So what's uglier, Nissan Frontier or 2015 Colorado?

Previously posted in Funny Pictures thread (click for full-size):
It might be so bad. I mean I finally saw a 2014 4Runner and the front end looked decent compared to the pictures
Old 11-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #25
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
TopSpeed.Com was surprisingly close with its headlight rendering. This is the real thing:

Old 11-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #26
Tommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tom
Tommiet's Tacoma Gallery
If I drove a Chevy, I 'd cover up too!
Old 11-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #27
Alloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to behold

Alloutdrs1's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the link to the actual photo of the U.S. spec version, looks like they edged out or Tacoma's to on payload and a 7500lb tow rating.

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/11/new...-and-2015.html

Old 11-20-2013, 01:37 AM   #30
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/1311...-la-auto-show/

the windows do look very Hilux. It will have a 302hp 3.6L v-6 engine with aluminum block and forged cranks. a 2.8L diesel will be available in 2016. z71 has an automatic locking differential. I skimmed it quick but it doesn't say anything about front traction aids like ATRAC.

I think it looks cool. At least.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:09 AM   #31
fau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to all
Name: Tom
fau8823's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2468 View Post
http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/1311...-la-auto-show/

the windows do look very Hilux. It will have a 302hp 3.6L v-6 engine with aluminum block and forged cranks. a 2.8L diesel will be available in 2016. z71 has an automatic locking differential. I skimmed it quick but it doesn't say anything about front traction aids like ATRAC.

I think it looks cool. At least.
I agree that it looks cool. GM is still junk compared to Toyota IMO. I have one of each. I'm ready to scrap my wife's trailblazer. What a POS.

Looks like diesels may be becoming a trend here now. Let's hope anyway. Ram, Titan, and now this. Toyota, where you at?!?!?!?!
Old 11-20-2013, 03:24 AM   #32
Socalrider600rr is on a distinguished road
Army: Son of Benning
Socalrider600rr's Tacoma Gallery
You all don't want one. Trust me.
I just traded my Colorado two weeks ago for my Taco and by far it wasn't a decent truck. Aside the the top end needing to be rebuilt, in order to change or turn your rotors, you have to disassembles the hubs. The thing had a turning radius of a battleship too. It was comfortable on long trips but the auto e-locker was annoying as fuck and my colorado didn't have the option to turn it off since it was an AUTO e-locker.
The brakes are a MAJOR turn off and I don't see chevy going away from it as it forces the consumers to bring their trucks to a mechanic for service.
I'm pretty handy with a wrench but I needed a torch and a 4' breaker bar to even get one of the bolts to budge. Fuck that noise.
When I bought the truck I was a total dumbass and all about brand loyalty. I almost bought a Frontier or a Taco but didn't want "wun of dem dat dere jap trucks! I'm an 'merican!!!" Yeah, sometimes ignorance ISN'T bliss.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:10 AM   #33
Zoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Zoot's Tacoma Gallery
More pics here:
http://www.carscoops.com/2013/11/all...o-targets.html

Old 11-20-2013, 06:21 AM   #34
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Just a couple of comments. While the last version seemed to be less then acceptable, you can't compare the new version to the old, total re-design and new engines. Also keep in mind that competition is GOOD. If this turns out to be a reasonably nice reliable truck (if....), then it will help Toyota realize that it needs a major re-design of the Tacoma instead of all these minor styling changes to a 10 year old platform.

BTW, I'd like to see some pics of the low end Colorado. It's easy to make the high-end model look good, what about for the majority of buyers....
Old 11-20-2013, 06:24 AM   #35
Zoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Zoot's Tacoma Gallery
Just imagine it a few inches lower and with shitty rims, and typical GM cloth instead of leather.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:27 AM   #36
Air Force:
Zoot's Tacoma Gallery
3.6L V6, 300HP 270ft-lbs tq... drool. That is on par with the old 5.3L V8 my Tahoe had.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:30 AM   #37
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
I like that a lot
Old 11-20-2013, 06:38 AM   #38
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
3.6L V6, 300HP 270ft-lbs tq... drool. That is on par with the old 5.3L V8 my Tahoe had.
Yes and no, depends on how you use the truck. From the specs, this looks like the GM 3.6 direct inj engine. Whenever you see higher HP ratings then torque, then you know it's tuned for HP and actual truck use may suffer as high HP usually goes along with lower low rpm torque. DI also has it's own set of issues that are still being worked by the industry.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:41 AM   #39
TallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to behold

Army: FiSTers bring it fast and hard!
Name: Charles
TallTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Chevy is moving more and more divisions to China. After being bailed out with our tax dollars, they deflect to China. Fluck that, son! I'd rather walk.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:38 AM   #40
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
BTW, I'd like to see some pics of the low end Colorado. It's easy to make the high-end model look good, what about for the majority of buyers....
https://www.chevrolet.com/2015-color...all-truck.html

Go to Trims and check out the WT and LT