Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

US-Spec Chevy Colorado Spy Shots

Old 01-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
US-Spec Chevy Colorado Spy Shots

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/01...do-caught.html

First shots of the DCLB config I believe. Looks like they are keeping the ugly front end of the Thai version, but the truck is wider.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #2
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Leave the cover on it.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like I don't give a shit about it
Old 01-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
cab shape looks very tacoma-esque from the side.
will be interesting to see it, wonder if they'll keep a v8 option.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #7
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
cab shape looks very tacoma-esque from the side.
will be interesting to see it, wonder if they'll keep a v8 option.
I'd be surprised if they would myself.

I'll be interested to see a production un-camo'd version. Although doesn't matter much to me since I'm probably going full size when the Taco needs a replacement. At least good to see there will be some competition coming back to the segment hopefully will push Toyota and Nissan to not let their trucks get stagnant.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #8
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
I'd be surprised if they would myself.

I'll be interested to see a production un-camo'd version. Although doesn't matter much to me since I'm probably going full size when the Taco needs a replacement. At least good to see there will be some competition coming back to the segment hopefully will push Toyota and Nissan to not let their trucks get stagnant.
Same here.
currently looking at Tundras, Titan's and Duramax's at the moment. I've kind of out-grown the capabilty of my tacoma, and still have a 4runner for trails.
Besides, then I can SAS the 4runner and have a tow rig to get it to the trail.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #9
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I'm waiting for the TDI diesel Amarok to hit Canada in 2014
Old 01-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #10
na8rboy has a spectacular aura aboutna8rboy has a spectacular aura aboutna8rboy has a spectacular aura about
Firefighter:
Name: Mark
na8rboy's Tacoma Gallery
GM junk...
Old 01-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #11
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^GM is junk only in North America. Foreign-designed GM cars like the Holden Monaro (Pontiac GTO) and Opel Vectra (Saturn Aura) were pretty good. The Thai Colorado was designed to compete with the Hilux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I'm waiting for the TDI diesel Amarok to hit Canada in 2014
Do you have any better information beyond this article?
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/31/v...up-for-canada/

Canada has a few things going for it:
- Gasoline is as expensive as diesel.
- Less stringent diesel emission requirements.
- No 25% chicken tax on imported light trucks.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #12
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Do you have any better information beyond this article?
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/31/v...up-for-canada/

Canada has a few things going for it:
- Gasoline is as expensive as diesel.
- Less stringent diesel emission requirements.
- No 25% chicken tax on imported light trucks.
Just the conversation I had with the manager at the VW dealership where we bought my wife's 2012 VW Golf a couple weeks ago , he said they were told at their annual manager's meeting that it was a done deal
Old 01-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #13
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
That's good news! Wonder how many Americans will attempt to import them to the US.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
That's good news! Wonder how many Americans will attempt to import them to the US.
With my Tacoma costing over $40K and the TDI Amarok probably costing even more , I would say , not too many
Old 08-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #16
This space intentionally left blank.
Boring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Discharged honorably many years ago.
Boring's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think this needs a new thread. The Diesels are Cummin(s). </ bad pun>
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/27/c...-get-diesel-e/

Toyota, please respond with a direct injected version of the 2.7L with dual VVTi and a low boost turbo and a 6 speed auto. It should be an easy 250 HP/250 ft lb and 30 MPG HWY.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:02 PM   #17
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
- Locking tailgate handle
- Bed lights built into 3rd brake light housing
- No LED tail lights
- Crappy Goodyear SR-A probably one of the OEM tire choices
- Rubbery front air dam will be ripped off when wheeling
- Rear axle shock mounts will dig into the ground when wheeling
- Bad rear shock position forces exhaust pipe closer to centerline of vehicle, requiring low-hanging heat shield over spare tire

Old 10-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #18
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Think the new 2.8L Duramax2 diesel going into the 2014 Australian Colorado will make an appearance stateside?

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/10/hol...iesel-and.html

197 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque

Interior is still ugly, but they've added a 7" navigation screen:

Old 10-25-2013, 10:53 PM   #20
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlittlematty View Post
Looks like I don't give a shit about it