Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Garage Floor Paint/Sealer

Old 01-21-2013, 06:54 AM   #1
7.62x63mm
goufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NAVAIR
Name: Michael
goufcustom's Tacoma Gallery
Garage Floor Paint/Sealer

My wife and I are buying a new home, it is being built right now, and one of the first things I want to do is paint the garage floor to seal it from oil/grease stains. My neighbor at my previous house used some kit from Lowes and after a year all the spots where his tires sat were pealing or missing. I am looking for something that will last longer and not peal up.

What have you used and had good results?

Is there a company out there that will do this? I have no issue doing this myself, but if you can get a higher grade sealer from a pro then it might be worth it.

Just found RACEDECK, anyone using this stuff? Is it sealed so that oil will not get between it and trapped under it?

Also considering VCT tiles, look simple enough to install.
Oh, and my wife is going to get me this for my birthday.

Something like this:
Old 01-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
Phil5393 has a spectacular aura aboutPhil5393 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Phil
Phil5393's Tacoma Gallery
I used armor clad and have had no problems with it. Get the one that comes with the top coat. The ones they sell at lowes are garbage they are all water based. Epoxy is what you should be looking for if you want it to last.

http://www.armorcladepoxy.com/index.html
Old 01-21-2013, 07:49 AM   #4
Phil5393 has a spectacular aura aboutPhil5393 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Phil
Phil5393's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goufcustom View Post
I want something that I can park on, use a Jack on and use Jack stands on. I work on my Tacoma and my project car (Miata) a lot, and make a mess in the process.
Yeah I park on mine every night and spill stuff on it. It cleans up great. Check out http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/ a lot of info on there about all different types of floor coatings