Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

What should be my next DIY project?

Old 01-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
Sido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sido's Tacoma Gallery
What should be my next DIY project?

I have a 98 Tacoma that I've owned 8 years. I want to keep this until it dies or costs too much to fix. For years I was scared of working on my truck myself, but through this site I have grown in what I am able to do. I love working on my truck and taking care of it. When you do your own work it really makes you appreciate everything (and you see how filthy these things really are).

My humble list of accomplishments is below-
Oil changes for engine (mobile 1 synthetic with oem filter of course), rear differential, transfer case, transmission, put in new spark plugs and wires, coolant flush, greasing the u-joints, changed the three drive belts (biggest PITA ever), cleaned MAF sensor, oiled K&N filter (would rather do OEM filters but figure it isn't worth the hassle to change).

Paid to have done- water pump, thermostat, fuel filter, clutch oil flush, power steering pump, front brakes and brake fluid, new tires, new struts, alignment.

What should be the next DIY project?
Old 01-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Get an old small motorcycle that you can tear down and rebuild. It teaches you a lot about being methodical and detailed when you are working on stuff. Find a cheap project so if it doesn't work out, you don't lose much money. I started with little engines and now can work through all kinds of engines, motorcycles, cars without using a manual all the time.

As for your truck... start with things that aren't electrical related since it's the hardest to diagnose.