Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

ford f-150 6.2?

Old 01-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
ford f-150 6.2?

looking into a new truck, has anyone had any experience with the new f150's with the 6.2? trying to decide on the 6.2 or a tundra 5.7.
edit: forgot to mention i would be going with the f150 lariat 4 door 6.5 box or the tundra double cab 6.5 box.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
You must really like buying gas with those options
Old 01-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
You must really like buying gas with those options
gotta support the economy
Old 01-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
If you are choosing between the 2, I'd rock the Tundra for the extra cab space. Plus I think it would be more reliable and have a better resale value in the long run.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #5
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
I've driven the 6.2 and it's a monster. Pulls like a diesel. No idea as to longevity but as for initial quality, I was super impressed by it.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
I've driven the 6.2 and it's a monster. Pulls like a diesel. No idea as to longevity but as for initial quality, I was super impressed by it.
thanks for the info. i've heard the same from what i've been reading.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #7
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Are you getting a Raptor or one of the other models with the bigger engine?
Old 01-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Are you getting a Raptor or one of the other models with the bigger engine?
i'm thinking the lariat with crew cab and 6.5 box. i'm not a huge fan of the raptors.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #9

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantac09 View Post
i'm thinking the lariat with crew cab and 6.5 box. i'm not a huge fan of the raptors.
I like the Lariat. The new F-150's do have a lot of nice options on them
Old 01-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #10
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I like the Lariat. The new F-150's do have a lot of nice options on them
Yes I am also quite fond of the interior.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #11
Resident Lurker
JEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JEP's Tacoma Gallery
I hate to admit it also but I also almost went with the F-150 because of the interior...
Old 01-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #12
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
Which truck do you like better?
Old 01-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAggie View Post
Which truck do you like better?
havent test drove the 6.2 yet. test drove the ecoboost and tundra. i did not like the ecoboost very much. the engine just felt weird. i also dont really trust a twin turbo in the climate i live in.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #14
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantac09 View Post
havent test drove the 6.2 yet. test drove the ecoboost and tundra. i did not like the ecoboost very much. the engine just felt weird.
Ya my boss has one and I don't care for it either. When I was shopping I looked at a 5.0 fx4. Great engine IMO but way more truck then I wanted to deal with. I also looked at a 5.7 tundra DC but same problem as fx4 for me. I liked the way the tundra ran better.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Ya my boss has one and I don't care for it either. When I was shopping I looked at a 5.0 fx4. Great engine IMO but way more truck then I wanted to deal with. I also looked at a 5.7 tundra DC but same problem as fx4 for me. I liked the way the tundra ran better.
the way i see it if i got the 5.0 i might as well keep the tacoma. the tow rating isnt that much different.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #16

What are you going to be using it for?
Old 01-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #17

Quote:
What are you going to be using it for?
daily driving, towing boats, sled trailers, etc.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:38 AM   #18
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My one complaint with the Fords is the chrome vent surrounds. They reflect light like a mother fucker. First thing I'd do is rip those off and make them Matte or Brushed.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:50 AM   #19
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the way i see it if i got the 5.0 i might as well keep the tacoma. the tow rating isnt that much different.
9,300 max with the 3.73 rear is quite a bit better than 6,500 max with the Tacoma. I would take the 5.0 over the 6.2. If you are that concerned about towing then I would step up to the F250 with a diesel for the amount you would pay for a crew cab Lariat with the 6.2. Plus, I don't know how the market is in Canada but the F250 with the diesel would definitely hold its value much better plus there are better deals on the F250 right now.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:03 AM   #20
Resident Jackass

Get a Dodge with a cummins. Be far cheaper and the best diesel engine there is. I dunno about the states, but up here they almost always offer a free diesel upgrade on the 2500-3500.