Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Accord vs. Camry

Old 01-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #21
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
You can't go wrong with either. I agree with others - let your wife get what she wants (assuming it will be her car most of the time).
Every time we buy a new minivan we look at both Toyota and Honda, and they are neck-on-neck the same. Honda has won every time since that was my wife's choice, but I will go with either one.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #22
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Is the Accord's center stack display a touchscreen, or does it force you to use a cursor knob? Looks hard to reach.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #23
gearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: training officer
Name: TW certified keyboard mechanic
gearcruncher's Tacoma Gallery
Having driven Honda,s most of my life and being a mechanic , you are better off with the Accord IMO . Less downtime and far more relaibility .
Only reason I went with a Tacoma is because the only truck Honda offers is a Honda Ridgline .
My friends who own the ridgeline say its a great veichle and relaible but a glorified truck that cant carry much with the short box .
The Accord has much more to offer than a Camry . Relaibility as well as Comfort and less recall problems . My buddy that owns the 2010 Accord loves it . I have ridden in the rear as well as the front . Very very well built car . I cant say the same for the Camry .
Old 02-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #24
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Is the Accord's center stack display a touchscreen, or does it force you to use a cursor knob? Looks hard to reach.

Not touch screen. Cursor knob.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #25
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Buy Mrs Executive the car that Mrs Executive wants.

Mr Executive doesn't have to sleep with the fine members of TW
Old 02-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #26
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post

My wife's is a 2011 V6 EXL with navi. It's not a touch screen. This is one down side imo. I love her car but since I don't drive it that often i'm not that familiar with the stereo/navi and its a bit confusing for a car that is designed with keeping you're eyes on the road in mind. However it does have voice command for nearly anything you want the car to do.

I have no experience with the Camry and we didn't look at them since the wife wasn't interested in them. She wanted something a little sportier looking so the Camry just didn't do it for her.

Our Accord does have a bit of road noise but it does have the 17" wheels with lower profile tires which I think contributes to this.

A co-worker of mine picked the Camry over the Accord due to the road noise. But she also went with a 4 cylinder. Not sure how or if that makes a difference?

Someone mentioned earlier that the Camry felt more powerful. I haven't driven one but find this hard to believe since Toyota typically isn't known for being the fastest most powerful cars. I don't even know the specs of the Camry but our Accord will book it. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not being a hater towards the Camry, they're both great cars. I just know I was pleasantly surprised at the power of the Accord, just like the Camry, I've always thought of them both as gas saving family cars.

Ultimately test drive them both and as others have said, let her decide. But at least let her drive both first, who knows? We were not even considering the Accord at first either. Good luck!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #27
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Can't go wrong with either, but my vote is for the Accord, my old man has a 10 and it is an incredible automobile. Awesome power delivery, the car is a hot rod and has no trouble passing, it has a comfortable ride and good seats, and I like it's styling better. But, can't go wrong with either.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #28
jokerj80 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeremy
jokerj80's Tacoma Gallery
having been an employee of Honda Motor company for 15 years some would think im bias to this thread. but hear me out. i have owned a toyota truck for 10+ years, my current being my forth, and nothing compares to it. i freaking hate the honda ridgeline. does that level the playing field? how about if i think that Honda makes the best ATV/Motorcycles on the planet? does that change anything? toyota doesnt make all terrain vehicles. so am i still bias? i hope not. lol. but to compare a Camry to an Accord? i think its all about customer loyalty and personal preference. i agree with you. 2013 has marked an important year for the new accord. the standard features are like no other. now im no critic by any means. havent driven a camry in a couple years so im not sure what kind of improvements they have made. but its safe to say the new accord is spot on. my question is why did you dump the CRV? they are freakin awesome!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #29
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerj80 View Post
how about if i think that Honda makes the best ATV
Yamaha
Quote:
/Motorcycles on the planet?
Would have agreed but they killed the Rune. Vulcan FTW
Quote:
why did you dump the CRV? they are freakin awesome!
Rav4

Seriously though... The Rav4 and CRV were originally nothing more than a Civic/Corolla with a box body.
The Rav4 is becoming more of a midsized SUV now.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:48 AM   #30
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
My experience with Honda is the fit and finish holds up a lot longer than any other vehicle. In 285k my civic doesn't have any rattles or worn interior parts. I always get better mpg than the sticker said and I've never had any issues. My tacoma is the best truck I've had though. If I was buying either car I would base it off preference since I'm loyal to both brands. I love the accord coupe styling. And you can get a stick shift.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #31
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Having owned both but, not current gen I can't speak to the current product. From my history, I like the Accord.

All things being equal let the wife pick but, I'd review the crash test results...which I don't think has been noted in this thread yet. Using the newest standard, I believe the results are better for the Accord.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #32
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Flip a coin ?
Old 02-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #33
ATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to behold
Navy:
Name: Tom
ATHiker's Tacoma Gallery
Accord. Much better handling. Camry is too much like a Buick.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #34
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearcruncher View Post
Having driven Honda,s most of my life and being a mechanic , you are better off with the Accord IMO . Less downtime and far more relaibility .
Only reason I went with a Tacoma is because the only truck Honda offers is a Honda Ridgline .
My friends who own the ridgeline say its a great veichle and relaible but a glorified truck that cant carry much with the short box .
The Accord has much more to offer than a Camry . Relaibility as well as Comfort and less recall problems . My buddy that owns the 2010 Accord loves it . I have ridden in the rear as well as the front . Very very well built car . I cant say the same for the Camry .
Good opinion, accord over camry. My wife had an accord and my parents had a camry, Honda in general just seems to design things better. My parents had a million issues with their camry and actually had to replace the engine at one point, I kept telling them to get rid of it and small little things kept going wrong with it. My wife had her accord for several years and put a LOT of miles on it and it never had any issues at all, she has a CRV now and same thing, lots of miles and zero problems.

Plus, if you put any weight to it, the accord won a mid-size shootout on motortrend.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #35
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
everyone has a Camry. they are all over the place. for a reason

however, the Accord has a more upscale fit and finish...feels like a bit
more quality [even though this is imagination]

flip a coin, then go with what she wants. cannot go wrong on either one.

Honda has some bizzaro TSB's that Toyota never has...so research possible and past issues
for both models
Old 02-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #36
WVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
WVtriple's Tacoma Gallery
TSX

you can pick up a left over Acura TSX for the same money as a EX-L Accord.
and its much better looking than either, and handles a tad better than the Accord, plus if you opt for the 2.4L the TSX is rated at 201hp and the Accord is only 185 in the EX-L. Drawback is if you want the 3.5L the Acura's are more difficult to bring down the price. I picked up a 2010 TSX 2.4L for $25,000 and change, which at the time (in my area) dealers were not cutting the EX-L by the same amount. Good luck with your decision.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #37
mdurbs68 is just really nicemdurbs68 is just really nicemdurbs68 is just really nicemdurbs68 is just really nicemdurbs68 is just really nice

mdurbs68's Tacoma Gallery
I traded a 2012 Camry SE 4 for my Taco. I liked the Camry. If the 2013 Accord was out when I bought my Camry, I would have bought the Accord. I really liked the redesign of the Accord and I liked the way it drives. (Drove one while my Oddssey was being serviced). The Accord feels more powerful, better built (subjective) and I actually liked the cvt.

New Mazada6 is really nice too.

On a side note, owned a Ridgeline and it was a great crossover truck. Very unique market for this vehicle. Not marketed very weel by Honda in my opinion. Ridgeline did 7/10ths of what I need my truck to do. Same gas mileage as my Tacoma.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #38
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
2011 camry se v6
Old 02-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #39
Admiral Awesome is a jewel in the roughAdmiral Awesome is a jewel in the roughAdmiral Awesome is a jewel in the rough

Name: anthony
Admiral Awesome's Tacoma Gallery
Buy another taco :-D
Old 02-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #40
flycurrency is on a distinguished road

Name: John
flycurrency's Tacoma Gallery
both are great cars, i'm leaning more towards the camry.. b/c it got slightly better mpg. just slightly not really that big of a deal though.