Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Accord vs. Camry

Old 01-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
Conservative
Executive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Executive's Tacoma Gallery
Accord vs. Camry

Mrs. Executive is in need of a new car. Her CRV will be passed on to our Jr. Executive and we have narrowed our choices to two: 2013 Honda Accord EX-L or 2013 Toyota Camry SE. I prefer the Honda and she prefers the Toyota. Looking for experience/opinions either way. I know that the two are so similar in many ways there is almost no bad choice, but I think the driving dynamics of the Honda make it superior to the more appliance-like Toyota. Tacoma World has not let me down yet so I thought I would see what you guys have to say.

Thanks!
Chris
Old 01-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #2
TwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to all

Name: Kyle
TwzteD's Tacoma Gallery
Both cars look nice, both cars are made by some of the best makers either way, you cant go wrong. Good luck with the decisions sorry i cant help out, never drove either.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #3
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Executive View Post
I think the driving dynamics of the Honda make it superior to the more appliance-like Toyota.
Agreed, though a Subaru Legacy handles way better than both the Accord and the Camry. Having driven a full-time AWD car for over a year, I'll never go back to FWD.

If your wife will be driving it most of the time, get what she prefers.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #4
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
You are dealing with the top 2...

What is she comfortable with ???

We just sold my wifes Camry to purchase the Ridgeline and Honda quality is right there too...and I have been Toyota since 1981

Good luck and I don't see a bad choice in either...
Old 01-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
My wife drives an '07 Accord Coupe 4cyl. Let me tell you, I love to drive it. Eventhough it only has a 4cyl, it is very peppy and feels like it has a 6. Handles great and is smooth in the canyons or highway.

Never owned a Camry, but either choice will be good as Toyota and Honday are IMO the best valued car makers out.

Since the Camry is a very good choice, I would get that since that is what the wife prefers. Ya know, happy wife, happy life.

Also, have heard that Accord is more of a 'drivers' car, while the Camry is more of a kick back and cruise car.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #6
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer the looks of the Camry better.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
We just got a 2011 Accord for my fiance and it's a really nice car! It rides and drives really nice but, at the end of the day, let her choose...
Old 01-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #8
JakeyWakey will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 121st SFS
Name: Jake
JakeyWakey's Tacoma Gallery
Funny you should post this, my family has BOTH!

My mom drives a 2008 Camry XLE and my dad has the 2012 Accord V6

In my opinion, the camry is a more comfortable ride with what seems to me a more powerful engine but the accord has better handling and interior style/ features.

Ask me any questions about either one and I'll be more than happy to answer to the best of my knowledge!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I lean twards teh Accord. The camry's rear quarter panells vibrate at highway speeds. Seems like a build quality issue, and it never sat well with me. We're on our second Accord. Comfy, quick, and fantastic handling.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Cant go wrong with either. Camry looks a bit better imo,but both are great cars and will take you tons of miles.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #11
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Mom/Dad on third Camary, Sister on second, Wifey on second Accord (has worked at a Ford dealer for 17 years). IMO the Hondas are built more solidly with less noise. Both are great, let her choose.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #12
vatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
vatrdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to vatrdtaco
I think the Accord drives & handles better, but like the others said... it will be HER car so let her choose. You can't go wrong with either one.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #13
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I'd probably lean a bit towards the Camry. Unless its the Accord Sport I do like those.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #14
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
I'd take a look at the new Toyota Avalon
Old 01-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #15
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Avalon.

The new Maxima's are badass too. Neighbor Just bought one and it looks better than both the Camry and Accord.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:03 PM   #16
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Coin toss.
Heads=Accord
Tails=Camry

No matter how the coin lands, let your wife choose the vehicle she'll be driving.

FWIW, I like the Accords.
Good luck.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:28 PM   #17
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
Fusion... haha just kidding.

let her check out the Avalon. surprisingly has great reviews. never expected that from a large sedan.

or Camry in SE form.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #18
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Avalons are nice, but are a lot more expensive than both Camry and Accord.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #19
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
They're both good makers. Tough decision. Flip a coin?