Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Strange sound from car

Old 02-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Strange sound from car

I have this ping sound when I start my car. I can not determine what it is or what section of the car it coming from. Looking for ideas as to where to start taking it apart to fix..GRRR. Attached is the video.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #5
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
I dont see the video
Old 02-06-2013, 07:31 AM   #7
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
that's ...sounding like heat shield

sounds like exhaust, header, or cat heat shield is touching something
and then when it gets hotter it pings

get some pliers and get a little bendy on all heat shields a bit
and see if that changes anything.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #8
Vstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Vstrom30's Tacoma Gallery
I know it sounds dumb, but I have one pan that when in the oven, it pops and partially twists when it gets hot enough. As mentioned above, it might a portion of your exhaust that gets hot and makes the noise.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:31 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
that's ...sounding like heat shield

sounds like exhaust, header, or cat heat shield is touching something
and then when it gets hotter it pings

get some pliers and get a little bendy on all heat shields a bit
and see if that changes anything.
It seems the whole bottom of the Charger is one big ass heat shield. The bottom is all flat. Everything is covered. Grr. I will check under the hood.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:41 AM   #10

Definatly not the heat shield. When I started it up, I heard the knock within five seconds. It is on the right side of the block. Could it be a rod? It does not do it all the time. Just on occasions.