1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The New Fords Thread

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by tacoholic, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Feb 14, 2009 at 10:52 AM
    stephbm6

stephbm6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    West Jordan, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR Double Cab
    That's a funny quote. Alot of "American" cars are made in Mexico & Canada and most Japanese are made in America by Americans ;)

2. Feb 14, 2009 at 10:53 AM
    Wren

Wren Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Williamsburg, Ky
    Vehicle:
    11 White Reg. Cab 4x4
    i have seen some of the newer fords from a slight distance and have thought that they were Tundras they are about the same size and the bodies have similar aspects

3. Feb 14, 2009 at 10:55 AM
    stephbm6

Member:
    West Jordan, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR Double Cab
    Are you sure you don't work for ford?

4. Feb 14, 2009 at 10:55 AM
    Wren

Wren Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Williamsburg, Ky
    Vehicle:
    11 White Reg. Cab 4x4
    That is very true, at the dealer i bought mine they had stickers on the cars that said like 35% Japanese parts and 65% american parts now some were 90% japanese but most if not 95% were more American

5. Feb 14, 2009 at 10:57 AM
    stephbm6

Member:
    West Jordan, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR Double Cab
    I noticed the same thing. :confused:

6. Feb 14, 2009 at 11:02 AM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    Most new Fords are ugly as hell IMO. The only Ford I would even consider buying is that new F150 Raptor.

7. Feb 14, 2009 at 11:02 AM
    Wren

Wren Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Williamsburg, Ky
    Vehicle:
    11 White Reg. Cab 4x4
    i was reading the Wiki article on the Tundra and it said when the first generation was started they wanted to make it look more like and American truck than a japanese one as the T100 did, they may have possibly took the F150 (the most bought full size pickup in America) styling and based it off of it somewhat, giving it American looks with the Japanese reliability

8. Feb 14, 2009 at 11:45 AM
    Mr Wiggles

Mr Wiggles Supergroovalisticprosifun kstication

Member:
    I think the Explorer Sport Trac Adrenelin is a really good looking truck. I would not buy one even if they cost $5 grand. Explorer's a shite, and the Sport trac is even worse for ride quality, handling and comfort than the wagon.

9. Feb 14, 2009 at 12:05 PM
    swift722

swift722 Active Member

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    98 TOYOTA RANGER (haha get it) 4X4,Blue Oval
    3" lift, 31x10.5, cold air intake (thinking stroker kit is on the horizion)
    ive heard alot of back and for on which is better here. i've fixed just as many toyotas as ive had to fix fords, even chevy's. pesonally i'm a blue oval man pesonally. as far as your toyota out lasting my ford thats bs. i happen to own a 95 ranger with over 210k on the original drivetrain ( didnt even turn it into a desert truck till it had 180k), my 95 mustangs got 160k, and my newly purchased ranger had 120k on it when i picked it up two months ago. what im tryiong to get at is the quality of the truck is in the person maintaning it. if you keep up on maintenance damn near any truck will last. the problem i see with new cars is being a tech i cant justify having a car payment as opposed to just fixing my current rig.

10. Feb 14, 2009 at 1:05 PM
    Wren

Wren Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Williamsburg, Ky
    Vehicle:
    11 White Reg. Cab 4x4
    any truck on the new market are not bad and fords are good trucks, there are differenting opinions, and some "better" trucks, i still like toyotas better but if i had been given a ford i would have taken it, a truck is a truck

11. Feb 14, 2009 at 6:28 PM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
    haha thats a Big Maybe for me...... I would never be seen in a Ford, period.

Although I do like the Ford F150 King Ranch:rolleyes::eek:

12. Feb 16, 2009 at 9:25 PM
    tacoholic

tacoholic [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    I took it out for a spin and this on ramp that I take at about 60 in my little Mazda3, I took it at 55 in that Sport Trac and it handled much nicer and just rolled into it and right out with that V8 growl as my foot went down to merge into traffic. It is a really nice ride.

I know the service manager there very well and he would be glad to replace those spark plugs for me when it comes time. I wouldn't replace the spark plugs anyways, it may get me greay and in that kind of classy looking ride (it is pretty classy when you're rolling around) you don't want any grease on you.
    Keep in mind I just got my Mazda appraised at that Ford dealer and then at Toyota right down the block and Ford would give me 14K straight up on a trade and Toyo would give 15-16K straight up on a trade. (of course there was no further questions, it just gave me an idea) So even a car that was talked about for resale value doesn't stand a chance these days, it's only 8 months old and pristine at 4400 miles. It wouldn't surprise me that in 2 years the ST would be worth nothing compared to sticker but then again it does have a V8 and people are skeptical with gas prices.
    For the record the sticker was 34,700 or 36,700 but it's not everyday that you see an Adrenalin rolling down the street so limited production sport models do get better re-sale.
    That is sad. But when the car is sold the money they get stays in the U.S. for the most part. I just hate how Americans are offshore and offshore are Americans. The only difference is when you hand them the check where that money goes.
    Yes I am very sure. I'm only 17.5 and a junior in high school. I was offered a job at that Ford dealer in the service department over the summer but I was gonna try and get a job over at the Toyota Regional Parts Depot or whatever it is. So you can make your own assumption on that one.
    This one in particular is very sexy with the white on black scheme it has going and those 20's. This particular ST rode extremely nice. I was very surprised since most cars or trucks or SUV's or whatever with 20's ride like shit, where this one rode quite elegantly but offered great handling through the turns. I was extremely impressed when I drove it. Although everything can always use more torque! ;) (325 lb-ft isn't enough damnit! lol)

13. Sep 19, 2009 at 11:21 AM
    no_werries

no_werries Well-Known Member

Member:
    Simcoe County, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 reg cab Indigo Ink 5 speed
    CAI, 2 1/2" rear lift AAL, Ready Lift strut ext. & diff drop = 2 1/2" front lift, tweaked clutch, Magnaflo Muffler & Custom exhaust 265/75/16lt Nitto Terra Grappler 8ply on stock rims. Huskyliners
    UMMM anyone seen the new Ford f-150 SVT raptor, saw one driving around today, looks sick!

[​IMG]

14. Sep 19, 2009 at 11:47 AM
    ttylerr

ttylerr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Fort McMurray, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM 4Banger 4x4
    5% tint all around, Alpine IVA-W505, 16x8 Mojave Teflon Rims w/Hercules Terra Trac 265/75, Grillcraft Grill, Slimcubby HIDs, Front 5100's @ 0 w/Eibach 1.6" springs, URD Short Shifter, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, Uniden Pro510XL and K30Mag Mount, Relentless Fab Bumper soon to come
    don't tell me after all the time you've been lurking this site dreaming about a tacoma that you're gunna go buy a fard...?? especially an 'exploder' with a box on it:confused:

ugly ugly ugly

15. Sep 19, 2009 at 12:48 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    Yeah Ford may be getting better, I think they do have some cool looking cars like the new Mustang, a top of the line F-150, and some others. But I think the F-150 is way over priced and the engine is way overpriced for the horsepower. I also think the F-150 doesn't even come close to the new Toyota Tundra in comparabilities.

The Mustang looks cool and has some cool features, but they really need to up the horsepower on a non supercharged engine. Sure you could pay for the most expensive model (Shelby GT500) and get the supercharged 540 HP engine. But not everyone has the money to pay $50,000 for it. I feel they need to up the horsepower to the 400+ range, so they can compete against the 400+ horsepower engines GM and Dodge have. But let's not make it too expensive, 30k-35k is the range they need to price it at! :)

As far as GM (Government Motors) and Dodge (Spaghetti Motors) is concerned, they are dead to me. They do make some cool cars but I'm just too damn mad at them and will be for a long time. Not to mention I and others will probably never buy from them ever again.

The new Ford still has some difficult times ahead, new emissions/MPG standards put in place by the Obama administration will make it even more hard to sell appealing cars. American's want horsepower they want to hear a strong loud motor, this is what sells cars.
    Finally we get to the point (after many years of research and money spent) where car companies can make a engine with horsepower rated to muscle car era standards, that can pass emission standards put in place by the Government. But when we reach this, the government wants to put in place more strict emission/MPG standards. Oh boy, I love the government they know whats best for us and they are only looking out for us! :eek:

Ford really needs to spend some time in the durability department. It's simple, American's wanna buy a car that will not brake down, and not have crappy ass plastic parts all over the car that brake easy.
    There you go Ford, take it or leave it. :rolleyes:

16. Sep 19, 2009 at 1:10 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    All I know is a good friend of mine has either a Ford F250 or F350, and with around 60,000 miles on it he's had it in the shop twice now for a leak...(not sure where it's leaking...could be the tranny). Anyway, they have to completely seperate the cab from the chassis to do the repair. We went into the Ford garage through the back door the first time he had it in just to see how it was going, and my friend damm near passed out when he saw the cab hanging up over the chassis with parts all over in the bed. The mechanic said they usually don't like the public to see the trucks in this condition, but said..." it's nothing to worry about, we have to seperate the cab from the chassis of these trucks at least 4 times a week, were getting pretty used to it now". He had to take it back in less than a year later for the same repair!

Ford? Thanks, but no thanks!!!

17. Sep 19, 2009 at 2:58 PM
    SoCal Tom

SoCal Tom Member Extraordinaire

Member:
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2001 Double Cab
    This is flat-out not true. Cars with lots of horsepower do not sell nearly as well as fuel efficient models. Accord, Camry, Civic, Corolla, and Altima sell great.

18. Sep 19, 2009 at 3:16 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    X2...

Products Discussed in

To Top