LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Weathertech Window Deflectors 2009 VW Rabbit

Old 02-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Weathertech Window Deflectors 2009 VW Rabbit

Has anyone installed these on a VW Rabbit ? I tried to install them yesterday on my MIL's car and they seemed extremely tight , much moreso than the ones I put on my Tacoma .

I ensured they were seated correctly , but upon raising the DS window the first time , the end tab fractured and I ended up picking pieces of it out of the weatherstrip

I double checked the fitiment numbers etc and they are the correct model
Old 02-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING.TACO View Post
thought this was tacoma world, not Rabbit world
Dear Douchebag , this is in the General Automobile section

Thank you for not asking for it to be locked though , you must have turned over a new leaf

Hooray
Old 02-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #5
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Perhaps a defect from the factory that just doesn't fit properly?
Old 02-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #6

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Perhaps a defect from the factory that just doesn't fit properly?
I'm going to email them tonight
Old 02-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #7

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Well to end this thread , their response is that they " don't warranty installation " and best they can do is sell me another set of fronts at 30% off
Old 02-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #8
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Ugh brutal, I have Weathertech floor mats but went EGR for the deflectors. Doesn't make me feel very good about Weathertech service.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
Ugh brutal, I have Weathertech floor mats but went EGR for the deflectors. Doesn't make me feel very good about Weathertech service.
I can understand the reason for not warrantying DIY installations but I'm kinda pissed off too because I did everything properly and have installed these before
Old 02-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #10
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I can understand the reason for not warrantying DIY installations but I'm kinda pissed off too because I did everything properly and have installed these before
Were they not open at all to the idea of an out of spec set? That kind of stuff pisses me off, I'd call an 800 number and get a supervisor on the line. Let him know I'm not some dumbass and have installed these before. etc.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
Were they not open at all to the idea of an out of spec set? That kind of stuff pisses me off, I'd call an 800 number and get a supervisor on the line. Let him know I'm not some dumbass and have installed these before. etc.
He said they have had zero instances of an out of spec set getting out of quality control from the plant

Products Discussed in this Thread