Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Supra Successor

Old 02-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #21
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
^x2 things are bound to change before this car sees the light of day if at all. It's just nice to see Toyota willing to make these types of cars. As to the gtr comparison I wouldn't mind if the looked into making it awd.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #22
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Oh god, why BMW.

They have a nasty habit of cutting corners horribly in their products.
(source, i know a bmw tech, and hear the horror stories)

As long as they stay the fuck away from the engine and drivetrain, then im okay with that. It would piss me off if the tranny started to leak fluid like most BMW's do...
Old 02-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #23
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderleet View Post
Oh god, why BMW.

As long as they stay the fuck away from the engine and drivetrain, then im okay with that. It would piss me off if the tranny started to leak fluid like most BMW's do...
The drivetrain in the Toyota version will be all Toyota. BMW might use a diffent engine.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #24
DHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to behold

DHwreckage's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
After the success of the Subaru/Toyota partnership, Toyota is teaming up with BMW to create another sports car. The designer of the GT-86 is heading up the program.

http://wot.motortrend.com/report-toy...#axzz2KeB7VouR

Its nice to see KERS end up in production cars.

Should be interesting

if this is supposed to be a supra remake i dont want to see a fuckin v-series engine in it like the new POS GTR. Hopefully they get their shit together and put an inline 6 in her!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #25
DHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to behold

DHwreckage's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderleet View Post
Oh god, why BMW.

hopefully they use their staged turbo system , those things are fuckin awesome i got to race around my friends 1 series and i was very impressed with it!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #26
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHwreckage View Post
if this is supposed to be a supra remake i dont want to see a fuckin v-series engine in it like the new POS GTR. Hopefully they get their shit together and put an inline 6 in her!
I highly doubt Toyota will use an I6, more than likely it'll be a 4 cyclinder engine.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #27
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Any car with the Supra badging will still be a tuner's car

I like how you are making impressions of two cars that aren't even in production yet
Ditto.

Just my opinion, chill your jets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHwreckage View Post
Old 02-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #28
Loco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Loco38SUP's Tacoma Gallery
I do appreciate that Toyota has started with concepts for a new sports car but their prototype looks nothing like a supra successor. It looks more like a cross between an Acura and a Cadillac.

RJM
Old 02-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #29
yarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Yuri
yarik83's Tacoma Gallery
What I don't understand is how they are claiming that FT-86 is a success? Since its release I have seen 1... yes 1 FT-86 or BRZ for that matter. And I live in a heavily dense population area filled with rich folks driving all kinds of AMGs, Ferraris, GTRs etc.

And that partnership with BMW was long ago discussed while Toyobaru was in the works so its not really shocking news per se. Expect BMW to release weaker counterpart to their M series (just like subaru did not outpower their WRX lineup). Likewise expect car to be scion just like they did with FT-86 and toyota in europe (just like they did with GT-86).

It is very difficult to create a sports car for today's market. Heck even Evo is almost cancelled.

I personally would want to own a supra but it has to be a thoroughbred just like MKIV was. It should not be a lexus nor a scion... it needs to be a toyota.

I owned 6 celicas and 1 tacoma. Parents owned a camry and a tacoma. Would be nice to have fun toy again.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarik83 View Post
What I don't understand is how they are claiming that FT-86 is a success? Since its release I have seen 1... yes 1 FT-86 or BRZ for that matter. And I live in a heavily dense population area filled with rich folks driving all kinds of AMGs, Ferraris, GTRs etc.

And that partnership with BMW was long ago discussed while Toyobaru was in the works so its not really shocking news per se. Expect BMW to release weaker counterpart to their M series (just like subaru did not outpower their WRX lineup). Likewise expect car to be scion just like they did with FT-86 and toyota in europe (just like they did with GT-86).

It is very difficult to create a sports car for today's market. Heck even Evo is almost cancelled.

I personally would want to own a supra but it has to be a thoroughbred just like MKIV was. It should not be a lexus nor a scion... it needs to be a toyota.

I owned 6 celicas and 1 tacoma. Parents owned a camry and a tacoma. Would be nice to have fun toy again.
The reason why you don't see many BRZ is because Subaru is limited to the amount they can sell. I've seen quite a few FR-S over here.

Also this would work in with BMW's Z line

The reason why the Evo is close to being canned is because Mitsu isn't doing so well sales wise.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #31
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen more BRZs than FR-Ss, weird.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #32
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
I've seen more BRZs than FR-Ss, weird.
Me too!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #33
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Toyota will apparently make the engine, BMW from what I've read is helping with suspension and handling
Finally?! Dream come true! Toyota reliability with ultimate driving machine suspension!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:12 AM   #35

On a related topic, looks like Toyota is putting in a KERS hybrid system into the FRS gt86.

http://gas2.org/2012/11/10/scion-fr-s-is-going-hybrid/
http://gas2.org/2013/03/14/rumor-mil...-construction/
Old 03-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
the new NSX is comin out, the new supra....

'ing haaaaaaaahd
also the new WRX/STi
Old 03-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #38
hilux30 will become famous soon enoughhilux30 will become famous soon enough

hilux30's Tacoma Gallery
It's good to see Mr. Toyoda's racing career finally paying dividents in production... for a minute there Toyota had NO motorsports going 'till now. The FRS I drove for few hours is the most entertaining car I've ever driven since my old FD..
Old 03-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #39
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I like how you are making impressions of two cars that aren't even in production yet
This whole thread is about a car that's not even in production yet.

I'm glad Toyota is moving forward and stepping out of its comfort zone. I can't imagine it will be very affordable, but time will tell.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #40
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
IMHO

'Hybrids Suck' to me means it has a load of systems that a backyard
mechanic cannot tweak/tune/fix without a lot of additional tooling expense.

in other words, the if this car ever has an issue... immediately to dealer and no
where else

otherwise, I cannot imagine how anyone would say hybrids suck, because they
actually don't. not at all. at least Toyota hybirds don't...they have it down