Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

RAM 1500 gets V6 Eco diesel for 2014

Old 02-15-2013, 07:18 AM   #21
jdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Name: Jimmy
jdhaas3's Tacoma Gallery
If this is offered in an Ford anytime soon I will be getting rid of the Tacoma for it. I had a 2006 F150 Lariat before the Tacoma. While I love the Toyota, the F150 just offered more in the way of creature comforts and the extra size. I know its apples to oranges but oh well. Hopefully others follow suit and produce more of these.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:19 AM   #22
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
It's still a Dodge...
More of a VW... Hit and miss on their diesels.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:30 AM   #23
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
HP? Torque?

Did not see or dig for info.
HP and torque?
I have a diesel--5.9 cummins--POWER and torque you would not believe. Compared to the ford powerstroke--NO COMPARISON Cummins wins -hands down.
This is from someone that has a ford and drove my Dodge.
It has more power than the 7.3PS.
Another factor-fuel price VS mileage-Is it worth the extra expense?
Old 02-15-2013, 07:32 AM   #24
cre814u2c is on a distinguished road

Name: Tom
cre814u2c's Tacoma Gallery
Just got out of a Ford F350 (2005) diesel. Mpg at best was 17 . The truck ran great with zero problems but the maintenance was key to this . Fuel filters (2 of them) changed 15 000 miles , oil (15 qts) changed every 7500 miles , AFE air filter washed every 15000 miles . FUEL WHERE I LIVE IS $4.19 gal .
Diesel trucks are fun and can be modified to crazy levels but you are talkin big money . I just bought this Toyota Tacoma (2013 trd ) 1200 miles into it and I am in love with it . So much easer on my pocket.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:34 AM   #25
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by newertoy View Post
HP and torque?
I have a diesel--5.9 cummins--POWER and torque you would not believe. Compared to the ford powerstroke--NO COMPARISON Cummins wins -hands down.
It is also going to the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee where it will be at 240hp and 420 pounds feet of torque. For the 1500, power figures were not release yet.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #26
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
It is also going to the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee where it will be at 240hp and 420 pounds feet of torque. For the 1500, power figures were not release yet.
Even if torque is unchanged that matches the torque in both the Ecoboost and the 6.2 from Ford and I think is more torque than the other V8's in the segment. So its a pretty impressive figure out of 3.0L
Old 02-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #27
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
hope dodge succeeds in this big time!! why? then maybe everyone would build a version.

i think a half ton diesel truck would be great!! i would buy one. if the dodge numbers look good, i might jump. i'd like better towing from a truck. i hunt and fish a lot.

a smaller camper i could pull up into far away base camps would be sweet!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #28
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by newertoy View Post
HP and torque?
This isnt a cummins, its a VW TDI engine.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #29
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
This isnt a cummins, its a VW TDI engine.
It's actually a VM Motori engine, built for Chrysler/Fiat
Old 03-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #30
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
hope dodge succeeds in this big time!! why? then maybe everyone would build a version.

i think a half ton diesel truck would be great!! i would buy one. if the dodge numbers look good, i might jump. i'd like better towing from a truck. i hunt and fish a lot.

a smaller camper i could pull up into far away base camps would be sweet!
Hmm....Interesting.
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/03...san-titan.html

I wonder if this rumored 2015 Titan redesign will eventually use this engine after all.
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/02...ruck-wars.html

It does seem like times are slowly changing lol
Old 03-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #31
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
Hmm....Interesting.
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/03...san-titan.html

I wonder if this rumored 2015 Titan redesign will eventually use this engine after all.
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/02...ruck-wars.html

It does seem like times are slowly changing lol
This thread again.. Actually this is pretty interesting:
Quote:
Numbers from this DOE report have the engine ratings at 210 horsepower and 385 pounds-feet of torque with a combined fuel economy rating (DOE testing) of 26.1 mpg.
From an I-4 diesel, that's quite impressive.

but this thread, I hate it.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #32

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
This thread again.. Actually this is pretty interesting:

From an I-4 diesel, that's quite impressive.

but this thread, I hate it.

But seriously, I thought it was really interesting and worth adding to the discussion. 10-15 years ago, 1/2 tons had similar or lower hp figures and less torque while still averaging 10mpg less and we used those trucks just fine.

There is a lot of diesel talk lately, so you may have to get used to seeing more of these threads eventually...
Old 03-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #33
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see what there is to discuss. Ram trucks are garbage and Titans are near garbage. I'll stick to my tried and true Toyota gasser. And I'm not sure I would want to pay an extra 60 cents a gallon for diesel anyway. And I personally would never buy the first revision of any new engine like that anyway. Look at ford's attempt at a diesel a few years ago; it blew flames out the exhaust pipe.

Why Tacomaworld wants to converse over things that inferior companies are doing because they lost all their customer base and need to gain it back before Toyota and Honda come with guns a-blazing is beyond me.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #35
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
I don't see what there is to discuss. Ram trucks are garbage and Titans are near garbage. I'll stick to my tried and true Toyota gasser. And I'm not sure I would want to pay an extra 60 cents a gallon for diesel anyway. And I personally would never buy the first revision of any new engine like that anyway. Look at ford's attempt at a diesel a few years ago; it blew flames out the exhaust pipe.

Why Tacomaworld wants to converse over things that inferior companies are doing because they lost all their customer base and need to gain it back before Toyota and Honda come with guns a-blazing is beyond me.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #36
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
x2...
Old 03-14-2013, 10:50 PM   #37

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That little engine is a monster. I would swap one in a Taco. Especially if it gets 30mpg. It could even be detuned some and would still be awesome.
Quote:

Old 03-14-2013, 10:54 PM   #38
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
if dodge, nissan, and ford jump on the wagon, i bet toyota will jump on the bandwagon, otherwise they will be falling behind the times and losing potential sales to competitors.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #40
EDJY has a spectacular aura aboutEDJY has a spectacular aura about
Name: Elliott
EDJY's Tacoma Gallery
fiat= fix it again tony