Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

RAM 1500 gets V6 Eco diesel for 2014

Old 02-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
RAM 1500 gets V6 Eco diesel for 2014

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/02...ecodiesel.html

Discuss...
Old 02-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
I likey the option........now if only Toyota had it....

I know, I know........quit kickin the horse
Old 02-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #3
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting
Old 02-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #4
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
It's still a Dodge...
Old 02-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #5
EDJY has a spectacular aura aboutEDJY has a spectacular aura about
Name: Elliott
EDJY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
It's still a Dodge...
agee

Also I doubt those projected numbers are going to be a reality
Old 02-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #6
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
That little engine is a monster. I would swap one in a Taco. Especially if it gets 30mpg. It could even be detuned some and would still be awesome.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:15 AM   #7
Kenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: MSgt
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
Told the wife that if any half-tons get offered with a diesel I'm trading in my Tacoma. But, I'm going to wait and see how well this truck actually performs and what the pricing will be.

Also, agree with Tacomanator.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:39 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I can't wait to see real world results (and the price tag)! Overall, I'm excited to see small diesels becomming more accessible in the US.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:41 AM   #9
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I can't wait to see real world results (and the price tag)! Overall, I'm excited to see small diesels becomming more accessible in the US.
I'll be interested to see if anyone follows suit in the half ton segment. Guess that will depend on the success of Ram.

Since its doubtful Toyota or Nissan would have any success in the HD market if they ever tried to get in perhaps a half ton diesel would make them a little more competitive with the Big 3 should Ram find some success with this diesel.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:45 AM   #10
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Keep in mind that RAM also just introduced their new ProMaster Comercial van (1500, 2500 and 3500) that will get a 3L 4 cylinder diesel as an option and Ford also introduced a 3L 6 cylinder diesel as an option in their new to US and Canada Transit (T-150, T-250 and T-350) van.

Small diesels are slowly coming over?

There are rumors of a 2014 Colorado possibly getting a diesel and even Nissan came from the dead yesterday with talks of the new 2015 Titan.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:46 AM   #11
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
I'll be interested to see if anyone follows suit in the half ton segment. Guess that will depend on the success of Ram.

Since its doubtful Toyota or Nissan would have any success in the HD market if they ever tried to get in perhaps a half ton diesel would make them a little more competitive with the Big 3 should Ram find some success with this diesel.
I actually hope the Jeep and Dodge small diesel is successful because it would force other manufacturers to venture into new territory to remain competitive and it could just lead to some pretty neat ideas. If Dodge flops, I can see the other manufacturers just standing back laughing saying, I told you so and we're stuck with gasoline and hybrids...
Old 02-14-2013, 07:54 AM   #12
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I actually hope the Jeep and Dodge small diesel is successful because it would force other manufacturers to venture into new territory to remain competitive
Bingo. You and I are on the same page. Not only that.....but a diesel rubicon could be in the future!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:59 AM   #13

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
Keep in mind that RAM also just introduced their new ProMaster Comercial van (1500, 2500 and 3500) that will get a 3L 4 cylinder diesel as an option and Ford also introduced a 3L 6 cylinder diesel as an option in their new to US and Canada Transit (T-150, T-250 and T-350) van.

Small diesels are slowly coming over?

There are rumors of a 2014 Colorado possibly getting a diesel and even Nissan came from the dead yesterday with talks of the new 2015 Titan.
What I meant was, it's nice to see smal displacement diesels becoming more available in vehicles you'd actually want to own, not just work vehicles. Then they started coming out in cars and then in some nicer SUV's and this jump to the half ton pickup market is encouraging.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #14

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I agree, I think it is a good thing. Maybe I did not phrase it well.

I mentioned comercial van as they are closely related to trucks. Maybe the same engines could eventually make it to half tons or midsize trucks etc.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #15
TAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
TAOScott's Tacoma Gallery
The Ford motor is supposed to be a 3.2L I5, not a I6. Bad part here is compared to the Dodge/VM 3.0, its down on HP/TQ.

For GM, the 2.8L Colorado is already overseas, but low on HP/TQ as well. They have the 4.5L DMAX, but it can't meet the current and future emissions. Interesting though that GM can use the 3.0L that Dodge uses.

Nissan has an in at Navistar with a variation on the 4.5L that was originally started by Ford.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #16
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Me likey.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #17

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfox1 View Post
Me likey.
your sig!
Old 02-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #18
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
This is excellent news! Lets just hope that if Toyota ever does decide to do a diesel, they put it in the Taco and not the grotesquely bloated Tundra
Old 02-15-2013, 07:00 AM   #19
Pay it Forward
Graham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant future

Graham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenobe View Post
Told the wife that if any half-tons get offered with a diesel I'm trading in my Tacoma. But, I'm going to wait and see how well this truck actually performs and what the pricing will be.

Also, agree with Tacomanator.

^This!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:05 AM   #20

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAOScott View Post
The Ford motor is supposed to be a 3.2L I5, not a I6. Bad part here is compared to the Dodge/VM 3.0, its down on HP/TQ.

For GM, the 2.8L Colorado is already overseas, but low on HP/TQ as well. They have the 4.5L DMAX, but it can't meet the current and future emissions. Interesting though that GM can use the 3.0L that Dodge uses.

Nissan has an in at Navistar with a variation on the 4.5L that was originally started by Ford.
You are right about the I5 sir, my mistake there.