Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

got my first ding today!

Old 02-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
got my first ding today!

I can't believe it! Truck is less then 2 months old& already have a ding on my rear passenger door!!! I went to a place that does paintless dent removal, and they said they might have to drill a small hole on the inside edge of the door to get it out.got a ballpark price of $175! Ding is about an inch long on the bottom of the rear passenger door! Not sure what to do!should I leave it? I don't want to drill a hole in the door! I'm probably overreacting, I mean dings and scratches build character right? I'm sure I'll get more over the years, although I hope not!!
Old 02-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
It's all good, once you get the first ding it only gets better... plus we need pics
Old 02-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear and it always makes me mad how other people are so inconsiderate of other peoples vehicles. I just recently found this bog scratch on my rear bumper and I have no idea how it got there!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
Mikie is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
Mikie's Tacoma Gallery
you'd have to be a millionaire to get every little ding fixed that you will get over the years at $175 a pop!!!

the first ding is always the hardest, now that you have one the rest wont be so bad
Old 02-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #5
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

Unhappy

Ha ha okay, I'll try to take some tomorrow, kinda dark now! Plus it might not show up on camera, kinda small, but, I know it's there!
Old 02-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Sorry to hear and it always makes me mad how other people are so inconsiderate of other peoples vehicles. I just recently found this bog scratch on my rear bumper and I have no idea how it got there!!!

Im in the same boat as you, got home from the store the other day and saw about a 6" scratch in my rear bumper...
Old 02-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #7

Thanx guys! Comments making me feel a little better! It just sucks! Ya know?!?
Old 02-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #9
LEGITacoma is on a distinguished road
LEGITacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Time for some sliders!!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #10

Can't find sliders for a double cab long bed!!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #11
flycurrency is on a distinguished road

Name: John
flycurrency's Tacoma Gallery
sorry to hear that. if it makes you feel better, i got like over 5 of them on mine. maybe you can youtube how to fix dings on your vehicle.. diy. might save yourself some money in the long run b/c you know you're going to get many more in the future.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:51 PM   #12

I know I'm going to get more in the future (although I hope not! )but, my last truck was black, and it showed everything! So I thought silver would be better! But I guess if you know it's there! You know it's there! Like a few other posters have said, the first one is the hardest! Hopefully, the first, and the last!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #13
toyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Darrell
toyotaman29's Tacoma Gallery
Hey i would get another price on the dent removal, they only drill a small hole about the size of a dime to get their tool in and then put a small black plastic plug like the ones on the front doors from the factory. I had a couple done for like $125 but prices vary in every state, just check with another shop to compare, i always try to find a end parking spot or walk a long ways, but there's always some douche that can't park right.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #14
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
I think the dent repair quote you got was too high. I had my truck done about a year ago (the truck is 11 years old, so even though in really good condition, it had it's fair share of little dings all the way around). The guy who did it quoted $65 minimum to come to my house or office and fix one dent, and then added from there for extras, about $20 or so per ding, depending on size. He probably fixed about 6 dings, all about 1 to 2 inch diameter, and the total was $120.
The holes that he drilled are very small, maybe 1/4", and he used rubber plugs to seal them, so it does not really look out of place. The holes are on the inside where the lock is, so you don't really see them anyway.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #15
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
^^^That being said, I would say wait until you have more and have them all done at the same time, say every 3 years or so, so you get the multiple ding discount (economy of scale)
Old 02-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #16
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry that it happened, that sucks and it hurts.

But if it makes you feel any better, mine got HIT by my ex-friend who backed into it, did $3500 damage and then left without letting me know. The only reason why I busted her is because I knew who parked where in the employee parking lot and I called her. She refused to answer the phone but she returned to the scene of the crime and said she didn't think she did any damage so she left.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #17
Matrix
12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
12Tac's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah...I hate that as well. Seems no one respects others property. I intensionally park away from everyone, usually in a curbed spot to avoid as much crap like that as possible. I was doing errands last summer and parked WAY out in an isolated spot. While walking back to my truck a mini-van pulled up and parked right next to my Tacoma. I hurried up a bit to witness this "princess" of a woman squeeze her F$% ars and van very close to my truck. Really? I asked her of all the places to park and WHY did she feel it necessary to park so close to my vehicle.

This princess, munching on a Twinkie or some pastry didn't skip a beat and said, "Well darl'n this is such a pretty thing I thought I would get a good view."

Thankfully her and her minions didn't ding it...I would have...well probably had a fit landing me in jail.

12Tac
Old 02-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #18

People suck, don't they? I always make sure I put shopping carts back, and never hit anyones door while exiting my truck, common courtesy, it's really not that hard!
Old 02-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #19
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalimited View Post
Can't find sliders for a double cab long bed!!!!
Plenty of vendors make them.. give one of them a PM / email.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #20
Matrix
12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
12Tac's Tacoma Gallery
There is no common decency anymore. I witness people sneezing without covering up, crap like blocking your way through the grocery store because they haven't seen "Betty" since the morning, people cutting in line at the store, door dings, and above all, people feel they are entitled to whatever because they are simply 'here.'

I was raised to respect others and the belief that you need to work hard and earn you way in life. I guess I'm too old to 'get' the mentality of these younger folks.

12Tac