Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Finally learned my lesson, I'm coming back!

Old 02-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Finally learned my lesson, I'm coming back!

I know I've expressed interest in coming back to being Yota owner again, but I have finally had enough of these other manfuacturers and I AM coming back! I regretted getting rid of my 06 Black Sand Pearl DCSB back in 2010, since I have owned a 5.0 Mustang which I got rid of thanks to a run in, well more like running away from , the law. So I went to a 2010 F-150 which I owned for 15 months. Then I cashed in on my grandpa's GM employee discount and picked up a 2012 Silverado LT last year. Well, I've had enough of the crap! My latest is the horrible paint quality and issues with the AFM system already with the Chevy! When I had my Taco, I changed the oil regularly and the spark plugs once, and it ran just fine.

So, I'm back in the market, but not rushing it. I will be going with a DCSB again and I am leaning towards the Barcelona Red color! I'm freaking pumped! Can't wait for some better MPG and a more reliable, less maintenance, and longer lasting truck!
Old 02-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
glad you coming back man!

my one brother had a ’09 silverado, and just traded it for a ’11 tundra. his silverado had like 57K and was stating to have small problems. his new to him tundra has 20K on it.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
glad you coming back man!

my one brother had a ’09 silverado, and just traded it for a ’11 tundra. his silverado had like 57K and was stating to have small problems. his new to him tundra has 20K on it.
I was sorely disappointed in the quality of GM trucks. I have not taken my truck off road or even down gravel roads once. It has 13k miles on it and I am getting my front bumper and grille re-painted because it looks like I drove my truck in a rock storm. I am using a little bit of oil which they say is "normal" due to the Active Fuel Management where half my cylinders cut out. My boss has a 2009 Silverado and he just had his lifters replaced thanks to the AFM as well. I have already had to have my passenger door handle replaced because it wasn't sealed properly and I got water inside my door, well it froze one night and I pulled the handle and ripped it right off! I've heard many accounts of the dash cracking and the weatherstripping around the doors cracking.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meteoraman2514 View Post
I was sorely disappointed in the quality of GM trucks. I have not taken my truck off road or even down gravel roads once. It has 13k miles on it and I am getting my front bumper and grille re-painted because it looks like I drove my truck in a rock storm. I am using a little bit of oil which they say is "normal" due to the Active Fuel Management where half my cylinders cut out. My boss has a 2009 Silverado and he just had his lifters replaced thanks to the AFM as well. I have already had to have my passenger door handle replaced because it wasn't sealed properly and I got water inside my door, well it froze one night and I pulled the handle and ripped it right off! I've heard many accounts of the dash cracking and the weatherstripping around the doors cracking.
yeah, my brother had a black one. he hit some lady that was parked in the little, of like a turn lane on a 4 lane highway, she was packed at a 90, and he could not see her tail lights, and hit her. he had the truck 3 days. they had to put it on a new frame and everything. hole front got repainted.

I know me him and his GF were coming back from SC seeing our brother, and the flue gauge just stopped working and went to E. than a few days later just started working agin. he had a few other small problems.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:32 AM   #5
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy has an 09 Silverado and has dash is cracked, his engine has had major repairs due to cylinder deactivation and his tranny has had to be completely torn apart by GM and fixed. Luckily for him it's all been warranty work, but once his warranty is up he will be trading it in.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:49 AM   #6
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Is the AFM thing an issue for just GM or all manufacturers? We have a Pilot that shuts down three of the cylinders in "eco" mode and wondering if I will have similar issues with it. Owned for a year and a half now with no issues so far. Sorry to threadjack...
Old 02-26-2013, 08:05 AM   #7
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
you ran from the law, and wrecked a car?

my work truck is a Sierra. absolutely bombproof. glad i dont pay for the gas, but it doenst suck that bad. 16-17, and i drive like i dont pay for the gas. i rarely wash it, and when i do, it is shiny enough. the brakes blow the tacoma out of the water. i have to calibrate my brake foot going from one truck to the other. the AC will give me brain freeze.

i like them both.

welcome back. glad my personal truck is my tacoma tho.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #8
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
Is the AFM thing an issue for just GM or all manufacturers? We have a Pilot that shuts down three of the cylinders in "eco" mode and wondering if I will have similar issues with it. Owned for a year and a half now with no issues so far. Sorry to threadjack...
Just GM from what I've heard.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #9
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
The AFM on my 07 Impala SS worked fine. Don't know how much improvement it made since most of the guys that tuned it out got pretty much the same fuel economy. Never had any issues with it though.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #10
PCHearn has a spectacular aura aboutPCHearn has a spectacular aura aboutPCHearn has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: During Viet Nam
Name: Patrick
PCHearn's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, definitely get the Barcelona Red color!

Old 02-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #11
JW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JW
JW87's Tacoma Gallery
A couple months ago i was lookin at a 2012 silverado, luckily i couldnt afford it and got my 2010 tacoma. Seems I made the right choice.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #12

Well a little update, I sold my Rzr S so that yielded me $11k. Got my bonus check and got my tax credit back for buying the Silverado (Alternative Fuel) so that gave me $3900 more. Now all I gotta do is find a Tacoma and I'm there! I won't lie, the Pyrite Micas have definitely got me second guessing which color to get!