1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone know anything about jeeps?

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by tacomataco2, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Feb 27, 2013 at 11:31 PM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO Another day another beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    I would love to find a 2006 LJ rubicon perfect wheel base and parts are half the price compare to the jk

2. Feb 28, 2013 at 11:31 AM
    tacomataco2

tacomataco2 [OP] A dude

Member:
    Mass
    Vehicle:
    15’ ACLB
    Some of this Some of that
    Haha i tried scaring him away already, its just stupid, he could have such a nice taco for the same price. More miles on it, but 1,000,000 times nicer. And sexier. I do his suspension work haha

3. Feb 28, 2013 at 11:33 AM
    tacomataco2

tacomataco2 [OP] A dude

Member:
    Mass
    Vehicle:
    15’ ACLB
    Some of this Some of that
    He is kind of a pussy though. Kind of a rich kid too. Right off the bat he found a rough country lift on ebay and said it would be sweet, I'm gonna talk him into OME! And i definitely don't get the jeep thing:confused:

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Feb 28, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    While I wouldn't want one as a daily driver I like them. Not sure what the point is of trying to convince someone to buy something they don't want. If he wants a Jeep be should get a Jeep. I'm sure plenty of Jeep people could have a convincing argument on why someone should buy a Jeep over a Taco. Doesn't mean you're going to do it. If he doesn't need a bed and wants to be able to take the doors and roof off the Tacoma doesn't make much sense. You wouldn't tell someone who wants an MX-5 to buy a conversion van because it seats more people when they wanted a convertible sports car for themselves.

5. Feb 28, 2013 at 12:06 PM
    tacomalex

tacomalex Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    WV
    Vehicle:
    '11 SR5 2.7l 4x4
    plasti dip engine
    It's just the feel of the vehicle. The only thing the things are made to do is move, the AC and radio are just thrown in as an afterthought. Nothing like a bikini top and some tube doors on a nice summer day. The things are noisy, ride rough, but if you have the chance to try one out for a week, I'd say go for it. Some people get in and hate it, some people fall in love.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Mar 18, 2013 at 6:36 PM
    Chadillac

Chadillac Active Member

Member:
    Tri-Cities, WA
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD OR
    I don't understand all of the Jeep hate on this forum. And I wonder how many of you that seem to detest Jeeps so much have actually owned one. I personally love both the Tacoma and the Wrangler. But like any vehicle, they both have their pros and cons. The Tacoma has far better build quality, better DD, and tows and hauls more. The Jeep is more fun, better off-road and has a much bigger aftermarket. Luckily I own both and can drive either one whenever I want.

And Jeeps aren't near as unreliable as everyone makes them out to be. My Jeep is a 1989 with the Peugeot BA/10 5-speed and Dana 35 that are all supposed to explode if you even look at them wrong. Even though they're almost 25 years old I still haven't had a problem with either. And it's not like I baby the thing...

image_zpsd27a96e3_071d3542f176285bcec026cb019bd68f8c1f7fde.jpg

7. Mar 18, 2013 at 10:09 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    No jeep hater , I had a 1968 Kaiser built CJ-5 with slightly built Buick 225 V6 w/ Borg Warner T-13 (it WAS a pretty shitty trans tho') w/ posi rear end & although it wheeled pretty well I never felt safe in it , on or off road It isn't the jeep that causes so much angst, its owner attitude I've gotten from a few jeepers I've encountered on trails, as far as Toyota & Jeep , the first Toyota 4x's for production were made from left over jeep parts after WWII when a U.S. gov. contract was completed by the Japanese

"What do you want to do with the rest of these parts boss ??"

" I dunno, let's build a 4wd."

The rest is history...

8. Mar 18, 2013 at 10:12 PM
    Spoonman

Spoonman Granite Guru

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Alberta
    Jeeps can go anywhere. Ask any jeep owner ever

9. Mar 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

exactly.....

Products Discussed in

To Top