Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Anyone know anything about jeeps?

Old 02-28-2013, 12:31 AM   #21
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalex View Post
If he wants a Jeep, tell him to get a TJ or LJ Rubicon. JK's are for pussies. Jeeps are tons of fun, real easy to work on, and with a few upgrades (2" OME Lift w/Steering Stabilizer, good tires, couple of skids) They are unstoppable offroad, and ride good on road.

A lot of people talk shit about Jeeps and have never owned one. The whole "it's a Jeep thing" is true, some people get it, some people don't.
I would love to find a 2006 LJ rubicon perfect wheel base and parts are half the price compare to the jk
Old 02-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #22
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoope View Post
If he is that "SET" on getting one have him give Steve a call http://stevesjeepcountry.com/

If you want to scare him,just look at the recent purchase someone made...frame is JUNK....on Steves facebook page....

Steve is "good people" and caters to ALL of us....They even work on Toyotas
Haha i tried scaring him away already, its just stupid, he could have such a nice taco for the same price. More miles on it, but 1,000,000 times nicer. And sexier. I do his suspension work haha
Old 02-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #23
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalex View Post
If he wants a Jeep, tell him to get a TJ or LJ Rubicon. JK's are for pussies. Jeeps are tons of fun, real easy to work on, and with a few upgrades (2" OME Lift w/Steering Stabilizer, good tires, couple of skids) They are unstoppable offroad, and ride good on road.

A lot of people talk shit about Jeeps and have never owned one. The whole "it's a Jeep thing" is true, some people get it, some people don't.
He is kind of a pussy though. Kind of a rich kid too. Right off the bat he found a rough country lift on ebay and said it would be sweet, I'm gonna talk him into OME! And i definitely don't get the jeep thing
Old 02-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #24
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
While I wouldn't want one as a daily driver I like them. Not sure what the point is of trying to convince someone to buy something they don't want. If he wants a Jeep be should get a Jeep. I'm sure plenty of Jeep people could have a convincing argument on why someone should buy a Jeep over a Taco. Doesn't mean you're going to do it. If he doesn't need a bed and wants to be able to take the doors and roof off the Tacoma doesn't make much sense. You wouldn't tell someone who wants an MX-5 to buy a conversion van because it seats more people when they wanted a convertible sports car for themselves.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #25
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomataco2 View Post
He is kind of a pussy though. Kind of a rich kid too. Right off the bat he found a rough country lift on ebay and said it would be sweet, I'm gonna talk him into OME! And i definitely don't get the jeep thing
It's just the feel of the vehicle. The only thing the things are made to do is move, the AC and radio are just thrown in as an afterthought. Nothing like a bikini top and some tube doors on a nice summer day. The things are noisy, ride rough, but if you have the chance to try one out for a week, I'd say go for it. Some people get in and hate it, some people fall in love.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:36 PM   #26
Chadillac is on a distinguished road
Chadillac's Tacoma Gallery
I don't understand all of the Jeep hate on this forum. And I wonder how many of you that seem to detest Jeeps so much have actually owned one. I personally love both the Tacoma and the Wrangler. But like any vehicle, they both have their pros and cons. The Tacoma has far better build quality, better DD, and tows and hauls more. The Jeep is more fun, better off-road and has a much bigger aftermarket. Luckily I own both and can drive either one whenever I want.

And Jeeps aren't near as unreliable as everyone makes them out to be. My Jeep is a 1989 with the Peugeot BA/10 5-speed and Dana 35 that are all supposed to explode if you even look at them wrong. Even though they're almost 25 years old I still haven't had a problem with either. And it's not like I baby the thing...

Old 03-18-2013, 11:09 PM   #27
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillac View Post
I don't understand all of the Jeep hate on this forum. And I wonder how many of you that seem to detest Jeeps so much have actually owned one. I personally love both the Tacoma and the Wrangler. But like any vehicle, they both have their pros and cons. The Tacoma has far better build quality, better DD, and tows and hauls more. The Jeep is more fun, better off-road and has a much bigger aftermarket. Luckily I own both and can drive either one whenever I want.

And Jeeps aren't near as unreliable as everyone makes them out to be. My Jeep is a 1989 with the Peugeot BA/10 5-speed and Dana 35 that are all supposed to explode if you even look at them wrong. Even though they're almost 25 years old I still haven't had a problem with either. And it's not like I baby the thing...

No jeep hater , I had a 1968 Kaiser built CJ-5 with slightly built Buick 225 V6 w/ Borg Warner T-13 (it WAS a pretty shitty trans tho') w/ posi rear end & although it wheeled pretty well I never felt safe in it , on or off road It isn't the jeep that causes so much angst, its owner attitude I've gotten from a few jeepers I've encountered on trails, as far as Toyota & Jeep , the first Toyota 4x's for production were made from left over jeep parts after WWII when a U.S. gov. contract was completed by the Japanese

"What do you want to do with the rest of these parts boss ??"

" I dunno, let's build a 4wd."

The rest is history...
Old 03-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #28
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Jeeps can go anywhere. Ask any jeep owner ever