Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Have you ever filed an insurance claim?

Old 03-01-2013, 06:30 AM   #1
Very Nice !
packfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud of

packfan88's Tacoma Gallery
Have you ever filed an insurance claim?

Im going ot be 38.
July will make the 20 year anniversary of me getting my drivers license. I had a 73 Nova ready and waiting to go when I turned 18. Ive been driving for two decades. Ive had insurance for like 18 out of those 20 years (was with out a car a few times in my early 20s).

I have never filed an insurance claim or gotten one penny in return from my insurance companies. One time i got an insurance payment from someone else who backed into my bumper but that went against his policy not mine.

One time I wrecked a Volkswagen Beetle but I didnt have comprehensive/collision so they never paid me for it.

I work with some old timers/shady characters that have spoken of "insurance scams" back in the day by basically stealing their own car and filing a claim.

Never had a car stolen, vandalized, flooded, a tree fall on it or anything. Tonight it will prolly get hit by a meteor shower. But Ive never even gotten paid for a cracked windshield (only had one and just paid $175 to replace it).

Im guessing Ive prolly paid over 25k in insurance.

So ......
Old 03-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
Zoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Zoot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by packfan88 View Post
Im going ot be 38.
July will make the 20 year anniversary of me getting my drivers license. I had a 73 Nova ready and waiting to go when I turned 18. Ive been driving for two decades. Ive had insurance for like 18 out of those 20 years (was with out a car a few times in my early 20s).

I have never filed an insurance claim or gotten one penny in return from my insurance companies. One time i got an insurance payment from someone else who backed into my bumper but that went against his policy not mine.

One time I wrecked a Volkswagen Beetle but I didnt have comprehensive/collision so they never paid me for it.

I work with some old timers/shady characters that have spoken of "insurance scams" back in the day by basically stealing their own car and filing a claim.

Never had a car stolen, vandalized, flooded, a tree fall on it or anything. Tonight it will prolly get hit by a meteor shower. But Ive never even gotten paid for a cracked windshield (only had one and just paid $175 to replace it).

Im guessing Ive prolly paid over 25k in insurance.

So ......
All my (3... 4?) accidents were 100% other peoples fault and their insurance paid for damages. This is why I opt for higher deductible in event "I" am at fault. It keeps my monthly payments lower.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:20 PM   #3
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
They day I bought my taco I had a golf ball sized rock destroy my windshield. I turned that in. I got ran into last year, state law requires both parties to inform their own insurance. I filed a claim with my insurance and his. When his paid up I canceled my claim.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #4
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Had a few claims.
Glass replacement and stolen stereos when I was young.
Three accidents over the last 15 years.