Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Selling or Trading Vehicles

View Poll Results: Sell your vehicle privately, or trade through a Dealership?
Private Sale 16 76.19%
Dealer Trade In 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2013, 05:37 AM   #21
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
By the time I get rid of a truck no dealer wants it far too many miles nothing in Maine is close. Sold my old 97 with 285K rusty bed and some body damage in 5 min. no lie on Creag's list.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:01 AM   #22
Grab your helmet, this shits about to get retarded
BlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
BlackSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Part of the reason I bought a tacoma was the resale value, not the trade in value. Keep in mind in this market right now used car sales are VERY Strong. If you trade in your truck the dealership is making a huge profit off of you without much effort. A private sale of a tacoma should be smooth as butter. It's a sellers market.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #23
donson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
donson6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaulding88 View Post
The whole reason I'm asking is because I have a 99 F-250 Super Duty diesel, and I'm a full time student. With that being said, that truck does not make a great commuter and I am really debating on either just taking it down to toyota and trading it if for a 4 banger 4x4 yota or holding out and trying to sell it outright.
Dude, trust me, private party only for that truck. Look at ebay and see what people are asking for those trucks. If you trade it in, your going to lose out on 1000's of $$$..
Old 03-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #24
lock is on a distinguished road
Name: greg
lock's Tacoma Gallery
Done both, I will trade a vehicle if I don't trust it anymore or it has more problems than I want to disclose.
When I private sell I get much more fot it and have never taken more than a couple days.
Sometimes I have found a dealer car that I can't walk away from, just bit the bullet and traded.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #25
willee51 is on a distinguished road

Navy: 2nd Class PO
willee51's Tacoma Gallery
Private sale

Wish I had a $100-bill for every vehicle I'v sold on Autotrader, hell I'd have enough for my tires/wheels and lift on my Tacoma!

You'll ALWAYS lose your ass, trading with a Stealer-ship
Old 03-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #26
Why yes, I AM a rocket scientist.
Geosh is on a distinguished road

Geosh's Tacoma Gallery
I think it all depends on the car you are trying to sell and the demand for it. I sold my 07 Civic for above book value (in "excellent" condition) to a private party. The dealership that my dad works at would have given me $2200 less on a trade in, and that was the absolute best they would do.

In AZ, the buyers dont have to pay sales tax on private parts sales too, so buyers have additional incentive to buy private party rather than a dealer too.