Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Shaking while breaking :/

Old 03-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
whiptastic handling
FoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud of

Army: E-3
Name: Shamus
FoundOffRoadDead's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy Shaking while breaking :/

Alright story is this new rotors and hub's both sides along with pad's and lazier panel put on tires where straight as they could be was just done, Spacers are on the tires due to them rubbing on the spindle. Every thing is done as far as factory spec's.
Breaks are really squishy and if i break hard then the truck shakes to a stop. the rear's lock up just fine no issues with them.
Looking at a few things i know i need to bleed the breaks along with grease the fittings for the steering would that solve my problem or do i have to get the rotor/hub combo re-lathed in case the both of the rotor's maybe warped or off by a little?
Any suggestions? (It is on a ford 150.)
Old 03-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #2
whiptastic handling
FoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud of

No One? :/
Old 03-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #3
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like warped rotors
Old 03-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #4
Woah! How did that get here?
EFalco50 will become famous soon enoughEFalco50 will become famous soon enough
Name: Ethan
EFalco50's Tacoma Gallery
Those fords has the bearing's inside the rotor right? Could be along shot but if you say those are new rotors and they have been turned I know turning that style rotor can be a bit tricky if the tech didn't have the proper adapters for the lathe. I would check for warp that's the classic cause of shake when braking. Change your bearing's while your at it. I had someone with this problem and that fixed it, idk how but it did. Fords..
Old 03-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #5
whiptastic handling

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFalco50 View Post
Those fords has the bearing's inside the rotor right? Could be along shot but if you say those are new rotors and they have been turned I know turning that style rotor can be a bit tricky if the tech didn't have the proper adapters for the lathe. I would check for warp that's the classic cause of shake when braking. Change your bearing's while your at it. I had someone with this problem and that fixed it, idk how but it did. Fords..
All of it was new and checked at a shop :/
Its for sale now.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
Tlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant future

Name: Trey
Tlook's Tacoma Gallery
prolly warped rotors. is the shaking on one side? or does it feel like its even in the front?
Old 12-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #7
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
dude this thread was from march...lol
Old 12-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #8
Tlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant future

Name: Trey
Tlook's Tacoma Gallery
my bad looked at the wrong date...