What do you guys think 03 Camry to purchase

What do you guys think of this 2003 Toyota Camry LE
84,500 miles
Clean
Needs alignment
Needs new speaker covers in rear
No accident history
Dealer is asking $8,995
I'm assisting a friend with advice for this possible purchase. I walked away and talked to a manager discussing $8,400 with the alignment and speaker cover replacement. He thought that would be acceptable. Manager states they have $8,500 invested in the car. What do you guys think?
Old 03-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
Mpgillespie is on a distinguished road
Army: Blackhawk Helicopter Mechanic
Mpgillespie's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, and the deal is with putting $3,500 down.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
Paid 7600 for my lil sis same car but 02
Old 03-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #4
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
with 750000 miles
Old 03-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #5
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
My mom has a 03 LE and bought it new... No major issues and she is really bad with preventative maintenance I discovered.

She called me one day as I was doing an oil change on my truck and said "How often are you supposed to change the oil?"... Apparently the last time she did an oil change was in 2009 and even longer since she did the air filter.

But she did at one point have the serpentine belt redone, my brother and I changed the brake pads/rotors... The only problem with the car is the driver side door doesn't open from the outside and the paint is starting to fade on the roof (she's never waxed it) and it has 120K miles on it now... I should really ask her if she has since done an oil change (it's been over 6 months since I did it) and spark plugs since I told her to have it done next time around.

Chances are no...

Here's the air filter for comparison.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #6
Mpgillespie is on a distinguished road
Army: Blackhawk Helicopter Mechanic
Mpgillespie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWithCamera View Post
My mom has a 03 LE and bought it new... No major issues and she is really bad with preventative maintenance I discovered.

She called me one day as I was doing an oil change on my truck and said "How often are you supposed to change the oil?"... Apparently the last time she did an oil change was in 2009 and even longer since she did the air filter.

But she did at one point have the serpentine belt redone, my brother and I changed the brake pads/rotors... The only problem with the car is the driver side door doesn't open from the outside and the paint is starting to fade on the roof (she's never waxed it) and it has 120K miles on it now... I should really ask her if she has since done an oil change (it's been over 6 months since I did it) and spark plugs since I told her to have it done next time around.

Chances are no...

Here's the air filter for comparison.
Holy Crap that filter's dirty! I know these are very durable cars, he's very rough on them. Its going to be his wife's car, but he's going to be driving to work when he has a job that is a bit farther away.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #7
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
I'm very impressed with the durability of it... The picture doesn't do the filter justice. Their extremely reliable cars but I don't know how much they go for these days.