Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Sell motorcycle for mod money?

Old 03-15-2013, 03:26 AM   #1
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Sell motorcycle for mod money?

I currently own a 2009 DCSB TRD Sport 2wd and a 2005 Yamaha R6. Both are paid off. Dont get me wrong, I love my bike and riding, and the girlfriend digs it too, but after 1 horrible accident and 2 surgeries later, I hardly ride anymore. Summer is coming up fast and so Im sure Ill start riding more very soon, especially since the bike gets 45mpg and has more power than any man ever needs, BUT, I have big plans for the truck that are currently being held back due to budget constraints.

Bike is worth about $4000 and would be an easy sale. Wanted mods would be:
-King Front and Rear Ext Travel Coilovers w/ Resi's and compression adjusters.
-TC UCA's
-3"-4" spindles so I have 0 preload on coils
-New leaf pack (not sure which one)
-Demello Offroad front plate bumper
-Katzkin interior leather swap
-DSP (digital signal processor) to make my system even more bitchin!
-and a few other misc upgrades.

Mods will slightly exceed profit earned from bike, but $1000 out of pocket is much easier to manage than $5000 out of pocket.

So the question...

1) Sell the bike for mod money
2) Keep the bike and save to do mods in stages
3) Sell the bike and keep the money, nobody needs mods
4) Leather sucks!
Old 03-15-2013, 03:53 AM   #2
LennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to all
Law Enforcement:
LennyTheLip's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a good question. One issue with your post is "the bike has more power than any man needs". NOTHING has too much power!! lol. That being said, I'd probably keep the bike if you truly love riding it. I sold mine years ago, and have been kicking myself ever since. Now with kids, a wife, a mortgage, 2 car payments, etc, a new bike is a long way off. I love my truck, and am looking forward to tricking it out, but nothing relaxed me the way a long blast on the bike did. Save up, do the mods in stages, you'll appreciate it more.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:57 AM   #3
FrisbieTacoma is on a distinguished road
FrisbieTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I agree! I almost did the same thing you are considering with my 10R. So glad I didn't b/c Spring is almost here and I'm ready to ride. Take your time and MOD the truck in stages. Eventually your truck will be where you want it to be and you will still have the bike.

Nothing has too much power
Old 03-15-2013, 03:58 AM   #4
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

This is what the GF tells me too. She wants me to keep it. I wout miss it thats for sure, but its just more of a hobby thing really. Its not something I use very often. Maybe 3-5 times a month. Im sure that'll increase a bit with summer coming, but with the accident I've just been skeptical. It is relaxing though. A cruise to the beach and back is amazing!
Old 03-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #5
Thin Blue Line

Old 03-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #7
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I sold all my dirt bikes except my little XT225.

I miss them. If you still ride don't do it.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #9
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
I know it's a different kind of bike, but I sold my carbon fiber race bike (the pedal variety) to fund other interests as I thought I wouldn't miss it too much. But damn, I've regreted it ever since.

If both are paid for, I'd keep the bike and just wait till the money tree is in bloom again to fund the truck projects.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #10
40 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
I had to sell my bike when my boy was born. No time to ride and to hard to arrange sitters. I missed it for 15 years.
My boy just sold his bike for the same reason.
I won't do it again.
It's paid off. If you have time to ride, RIDE. If you think your having second thoughts after your accident then get rid of it. Not having fun while riding is a waste of time.
Even a 10 min ride to me is worth keeping it.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #13
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Sell the truck for mod money.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #14
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
Sell the truck for mod money.
:what:
Old 03-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #15
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Sell the R6, buy a used Ninja 500, and use the rest of the money for mods.

You can have both!
Old 03-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #16
Rubber Side Down
Glocker23 is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Glocker23's Tacoma Gallery
Keep it all never get rid of bike ubkess u go to a cruiser
Old 03-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #17
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
If you're second guessing it. You're gonna regret selling it. I haven't ridden mines for half a year and I don't have any thoughts of selling it.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #18
Thin Blue Line

Just rode today and it was great!

Looks like the overall consensus is to keep the bike. And I think I agree. Truck mods will have to wait I suppose.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #20
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TCprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I sold all 4 of my bikes after my cousin got killed on his and it was the worst thing i ever did... All i did was talk about how much i wanted to go ride and look at bikes to buy just ended up buying another bike after 2 years 6 months ago and even though i dont ride all the time just knowing i can go hop on whenever i want is worth it..

Dont sell your bike.