Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Girlfriends car wouldn't start?

Old 03-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
witaco is on a distinguished road
witaco's Tacoma Gallery
Girlfriends car wouldn't start?

The gf car (2000 Mazda Protege) wouldn't start after she got done with wrk last night. So I towed her home with my Tacoma.

After work today,I checked the fuel,spark,air,and compression. All was well with everything. Got out the multi meter and started checking the Coil Packs, then was going to take off the CrankShaft Position Sensor to test. It was full of oil and crud, so I decided to clean it. I sprayed some degreaser on the CPS, I heard a humming sound? (My kid left the key in the on position after checking for spark.) kids!!

So, I turn it off and decided,WTH Ill try and start it. It started right up!!! Can this be, a miracle degreaser? I've never heard of a dirty sensor fouling out before.

Hopefully it keeps running, so I don't have to get her a new ride. She also won't nag me to use my truck either, thank goodness!