Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Any Experts with Buying Vehicles Here?

Old 03-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #1
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Any Experts with Buying Vehicles Here?

ok long story short, i am going to trade in my chevy (junk) silverado for a tacoma (). the way i am going to do this, i've never done before so i want to go into this well educated and on top of my shit. so here's how it goes.

-i owe about $12k on my silverado, its a 2012 with low miles and its been valued by dealers at around $23-25k.

-most tacoma's i've been looking at are around $26-27k.

-i will be travelling out of state to purchase a tacoma, and will be bringing my own financing from a local credit union.

pretty much, should i negotiate more towards the price of the tacoma or what they'll take for my truck? how does this work after that? will the subtract what i owe on the chevy off what i bought the tacoma for? hate to sound like a newb, but i kinda am here on this stuff
Old 03-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Sell truck on your own then buy the tacoma or you'll be at the mercy of the dealership .
Old 03-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #3
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Sell truck on your own then buy the tacoma or you'll be at the mercy of the dealership .
ideally that's what we all would like to do. but since that just isn't going to happen, (i've actually already listed the truck), how does that whole process.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:57 AM   #4
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
I negotiate the trade first then the truck. You cant push to far, make it a win win. You need the truck and he needs the comission.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:15 AM   #5
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
I negotiate the trade first then the truck. You cant push to far, make it a win win. You need the truck and he needs the comission.
This...

You're in a great spot already with your own financing. Like he said, negotiate the trade in amount separate of the Tacoma. Your goal in your position is simple...highest amount for trade in and lowest amount for truck since you don't have to worry about them jacking up interest rates and lowering for warranty sale purposes.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #6
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You're in a great spot already with your own financing. Like he said, negotiate the trade in amount separate of the Tacoma
This. Your deal is two fold. You want to get the Tacoma for the best price you can and you want to get the most for your trade in. I would know before hand what I want to pay. This way if I didn't get the Tacoma for the amount I wanted I would make up the difference in the trade. The only hard part is you are basically working two deals instead of one to make the numbers work for you.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #7

i was on the right track then, i've already got the price of the Tacoma down where i want it, and i think i can work out a good deal for the Chevy. from the way he was talking i will be able to get even trade in at worst, maybe even get a little more for the Chevy surprisnigly.