Notices

Convince me to not trade for a cherokee

Old 03-24-2013, 10:56 PM   #21
maximilian55 is on a distinguished road
Name: max
maximilian55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
i actually will be honest. that 4.0l is bulletproof, and the cherokees are SFA. as long as you take care of it, you should be fine, but even with 2xxk miles, it will be hard to find a cherokee worth as much as your truck, unless said truck is hammered to piss.
Ya cherokees are cheap as dirt. i would only buy one that was already lifted and had most everything i wanted. Only problem with that is alot of people ghetto-rig their lifts and break stuff.

But my truck is in pretty good shape. the paint is a little scratched from thick brush but thats about it. and a little rust on the tailgate. and i lost one of my damn AC/Heater knobs
Old 03-24-2013, 10:58 PM   #22
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilian55 View Post
Ya cherokees are cheap as dirt. i would only buy one that was already lifted and had most everything i wanted. Only problem with that is alot of people ghetto-rig their lifts and break stuff.

But my truck is in pretty good shape. the paint is a little scratched from thick brush but thats about it. and a little rust on the tailgate. and i lost one of my damn AC/Heater knobs
I'd highly recommend doing the suspension work and mods yourself and buying stock purely because there's a LOT of factors that can go wrong if done incorrectly. Nice part is, parts are plentifully available and cheap
Old 03-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #23
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
lol u fuckers

Hey now, I gave excellent advice. And posted a picture
Old 03-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #24
Quote:
lol u fuckers

OP what's your intended use? I wheel mine quite heavily, but also DD it ~2,000 miles a month....I would highly NOT recommend buying one if you plan to do little to no wheeling as they are not the ideal dd. IN addition, i would not recommend it if you like to drive at fast speeds offroad, as it is not made for it at all.

I went from a 3.4l v6 1st gen to an 01 cherokee with the 4.0l i6. I'm lifted, locked, and loaded.

the 4.0l i6 and the aw4 (auto) tranny are absolutely bullet proof. the 00-01's like to have some head problems with over-heating but aside from that it's all good.
One of the main reasons im so interested in jeeps is because of the body. i think they can look dang sexy. and i could use the extra room.

but as far as wheeling/offroading goes, i take my truck off road quite often, however ive rarely had the need for a vehicle that had better offroad capabilites then my stock tacoma.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #25
Quote:
I'd highly recommend doing the suspension work and mods yourself and buying stock purely because there's a LOT of factors that can go wrong if done incorrectly. Nice part is, parts are plentifully available and cheap
how much would it cost to lift a stock cherokee about 4 inches? for the lower end kits. I was looking online and found kits for like 1,500 or so. which is much more expensive compared to some lifts for the tacoma (like the bilisteins and aal)
Old 03-24-2013, 11:05 PM   #26
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Hey now, I gave excellent advice. And posted a picture
You posted the wrong one

Quote:
One of the main reasons im so interested in jeeps is because of the body. i think they can look dang sexy. and i could use the extra room.

but as far as wheeling/offroading goes, i take my truck off road quite often, however ive rarely had the need for a vehicle that had better offroad capabilites then my stock tacoma.
Honestly, it comes down to your preference then. You will have a decent decrease in MPGs...I average about 14-15 mixed, and when I wheel it's about 10-12. BTW if you are planning on sleeping in the back at all, it is NOT as big as it looks I am 6ft tall and it is a very tight squeeze for me. The BIGGEST thing is they do like to rust also if you aren't careful.

Here's mine.....

Old 03-24-2013, 11:06 PM   #27
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
how much would it cost to lift a stock cherokee about 4 inches? for the lower end kits. I was looking online and found kits for like 1,500 or so. which is much more expensive compared to some lifts for the tacoma (like the bilisteins and aal)
nooooooo you can do a decent 4.5" lift for 5-600.....just don't do long arms. they are amazing for crawling but pricey and unnecessary if you don't do that kind of wheeling
Old 03-24-2013, 11:09 PM   #28
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Just ask yourself this how many jeeps do you see around the world being used by people off road not in america
Old 03-24-2013, 11:09 PM   #29
Quote:
\

Honestly, it comes down to your preference then. You will have a decent decrease in MPGs...I average about 14-15 mixed, and when I wheel it's about 10-12. BTW if you are planning on sleeping in the back at all, it is NOT as big as it looks I am 6ft tall and it is a very tight squeeze for me. The BIGGEST thing is they do like to rust also if you aren't careful.
Thanks for your help, im definitely going to think about it for awhile. If i could sell my tacoma and have enough extra money to add a lift then i would possibly do it.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:11 PM   #30
kbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kbauman92's Tacoma Gallery
keep the tacoma! post up a pic of your rig, im sure ill recognize it from around town
Old 03-24-2013, 11:11 PM   #31
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
Just ask yourself this how many jeeps do you see around the world being used by people off road not in america
Plenty.....
Quote:
Thanks for your help, im definitely going to think about it for awhile. If i could sell my tacoma and have enough extra money to add a lift then i would possibly do it.
PM me if you have any questions or also feel free to post in my build thread. There's some other Jeep guys on here that hang in there too.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:17 PM   #32
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
There is a huge ORV park ten minutes from my house, and 90% of the vehicles headed up there everyday are lifted cherokees, the rest are heavily modded SAS bobbed toyotas on trailers lol
Old 03-24-2013, 11:17 PM   #33
Quote:
Plenty.....

PM me if you have any questions or also feel free to post in my build thread. There's some other Jeep guys on here that hang in there too.
thanks man ill definitely send you a message if i have a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbauman92 View Post
keep the tacoma! post up a pic of your rig, im sure ill recognize it from around town
i might post one in the next few days if I make a build thread. But i got a white single cab with a black toolbox, black emblems. and a red mt si lax sticker in the back. And i got the exhaust cut off right after the cat haha so that makes my truck stick out
Old 03-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #35
kbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kbauman92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks man ill definitely send you a message if i have a question

i might post one in the next few days if I make a build thread. But i got a white single cab with a black toolbox, black emblems. and a red mt si lax sticker in the back. And i got the exhaust cut off right after the cat haha so that makes my truck stick out
standard north bend, mine and chases (the red long travel one) both rocked that until i just picked up a muffler a few months back
Old 03-24-2013, 11:29 PM   #36
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbauman92 View Post
standard north bend, mine and chases (the red long travel one) both rocked that until i just picked up a muffler a few months back
haha ya steinburg cut off his muffler too. its insanely loud. i bought a raptor exhaust to throw on, but i had troubles with the clamps and just gave up.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:29 PM   #37
Nah Bitch Dragoons
JeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
JeepAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
nooooooo you can do a decent 4.5" lift for 5-600.....just don't do long arms. they are amazing for crawling but pricey and unnecessary if you don't do that kind of wheeling
I was able to stack lift kits on my XJ for 6.5 inches of lift. Total cost was around $750-800. Also has 28 inches (could go more with some other mods) of susp travel. I'd like to see a 4X4 IFS setup with that kind of flex.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #38
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
I gave advice to Cmack regarding his Cherokee. I've had two in the past, and would still be driving one, had I not totaled the last one.

I love my Taco, but I loved and miss my XJ's!
Old 03-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #39
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
i actually will be honest. that 4.0l is bulletproof, and the cherokees are SFA. as long as you take care of it, you should be fine, but even with 2xxk miles, it will be hard to find a cherokee worth as much as your truck, unless said truck is hammered to piss.
Looks like to me that there isnt a lot of hard core wheeling to be had in his area and or hes not really interested in it. It this case the SFA is a moot point, and IMHO SFA is the ONLY reason to consider a Cherokee over a Tacoma.

OP.... Keep Your Taco.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #40
06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
06 tacoma owner's Tacoma Gallery
Keep it!