Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Auto Shop?...Anyone?

Old 03-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
icallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really nice
Name: Jamie
icallhertaco11's Tacoma Gallery
Auto Shop?...Anyone?

Hey guys this is just to show off my Auto shop class at my school(high school). The teacher has every tool you could imagine. We work on everything from standard vehicle maintenance to welding, cutting, pipe bending...etc. The best part is I can bring the truck in whenever I want to work on something or install something. I think it's the best class they offer at my school!

If you look close you can see some crazy ass kid ahah

Here's a new crashed car donated to us by another teacher
Old 03-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Neat. My base has a dope ass auto hobby shop, and it friggin rocks. Like 4 lift bays, oil change racks, and every tool imaginable.

It makes doing truck work mega easy, thats for sure.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderleet View Post
Neat. My base has a dope ass auto hobby shop, and it friggin rocks. Like 4 lift bays, oil change racks, and every tool imaginable.

Not in the service, but some buddies are and I hit up the Pope AFB hobby shop with one of 'em one time. Kickass setup. $10 an hour or whatever for a lift bay? Sign me up! Made it a hell of a lot easier to get stuff done. I wish more places rented shop time.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:28 PM   #4
icallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
my highschool didnt even offer an auto shop class
Really?? Man that sucks ass, I mean if I had one bad thing to say about the shop it would be the crappy engines. A bunch of dumb ass kids were stealing the parts off the engines, so we don't necessarily have any complete blocks, only the ones in the working cars ahaa
Old 03-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderleet View Post

That's sweet! You can just drive up and work on your truck?
Old 03-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #7
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
That is awesome and I had thought starting a shop where people could rent a lift I know it would be a huge success
Old 03-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #8
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
That is awesome and I had thought starting a shop where people could rent a lift I know it would be a huge success
We had something like this In our area. Worked only fair and then closed. Insurance will kill you.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
Nice!

I had my 99 Mustang GT in there for 2 months, performing thousands $$ in mods every day. Just kept it in the shop under a cover, worked on it for 2 hours a day, and then covered it back up. I loved my shop class.
That's the one thing I worry about and why I only bring the truck in after school. Did kids ever mess with it or anything like that?
Old 03-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #11
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
my highschool didnt even offer an auto shop class
That's why I went for my AS & BS in it. I love how the desks are in the shop that's bad ass. Screw the damn power points and videos show me LIVE
Old 03-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #12
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't have one available.

At home we did have a muddy yard and gravel drivway, with a well placed tree for pulling engines though. Good times.